ID2015-5970CategoryInformation TechnologyLocation US-NY-New YorkAdditional JobLocationsUS-CA-San Francisco | US-CO-Boulder
We are currently seeking a talented and bright Individual to work in our office as year IT Server / Storage Engineer.
- Manage NetApp SAN infrastructure Ensuring high availability of systems and services are dependent on it That.
- Participate in infrastructure and capacity planning.
- Implement and deploy infrastructure to Support Internally Developed and off the shelf solutions Farming by TransPerfect's clients.
- Configure / Setup & Maintain and troubleshoot servers and services - automation of redundant Processes
- Application and operating system tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Recommend and Implement changes to the server environment, Including troubleshooting and replacement of faulty hardware system.
- Perform routine server updates / patching and software deployments.
- Participate in the planning, designing and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- Provide solutions and Work Closely with development to supporting day-to-day activities.
- Hands on experience managing NetApp NAS and SAN storage systems with specific knowledge of:
- Storage protocols and configuration (NFS, iSCSI, CIFS, FC).
- Configuring aggregates, volumes and luns.
- Clustered filer heads, Snapshot and SnapMirror features.
- Command line interface usage.
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and experiencetroubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- 5+ years of system administration experience in a Microsoft Windows based environment.
- Concrete understanding of Windows operating concepts (files, file systems, replication, processes, service and log management, users, Terminal services, permissions, I/O, devices, etc.).
- Solid understanding of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
- Experience with SNMP, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with designing, implementing and supporting Microsoft Clustering.
- Experience with virtualization technology such as VMware running in a production environment.
- Experience implementing highly available solutions
- Experience with designing, implementing and supporting backup and replication technologies for disaster recovery.
- Highly motivated and competent with decision-making ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/mission-critical environment.
- Knowledge of networkarchitectures, protocols and security fundamentals.
- SNCP, NetApp certifications, MCSA, MCSE or MCSM certifications a plus.
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent education desired but will consider hands on/real world experience.