IT Senior Technical Analyst/Developer
The IT Senior Technical Analyst/Senior Developer (Retail Systems) will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of various (custom and “off-the-shelf”) Retail IT Systems and data integration with SAP ERP, etc. This position will require strong technical experience in Retail business solutions. This position will communicate directly and frequently with SalesAudit, Merchandising, SAP ERP, Distribution/Logistics, Ecom, CRM, Planning, Retail/Store operations, IT and otherinternal and external teams as needed.
This position will be directly responsible for software development in various systems including POS, AOM (SalesAudit, LP) Merchandising, CRM, Planning, and EOM (Enterprise Order Management). This person will also lead the MOBILE infrastructure (mobile devices) development in Tumi retail stores. Current environment includes all Aptos (ex-Epicor) Retail suite including POS, AOM (SalesAudit, LP) Merchandising, CRM, Planning, and EOM (Enterprise Order Management).
- Leverage multiple programming skills such as Java or .net, mobiletechnologies, etc. to meet the business need
- Understand retail business concepts and processes to effectively support the business team with developing new and modifying existing IT systems
- Translate business user requirements into system development/integration specifications leveraging the existing IT applications
- Perform day-to-day duties and tasks for current retail integrations and retail applications
- Respond to requests in a positive, timely manner and provide feedback on expected completion dates
- Good knowledge of all aspects of SDLC; perform hands-on analysis and design, development, testing/QA, and post go-live support (hyper-care).
- Good SQL knowledge in retail systems
- Good knowledge of custom reporting in retail systems using tools such custom report writers, etc.
- MUST HAVE 7+ years of experience in software development and technical analysis in Retail industry
- Proven programming experience in languages such as C, C#, C++, Unix, Java or .net, etc.
- MUST HAVE experience with retail solutions like POS, SalesAudit, Merchandising, EOM/OMS (APTOS/EPICOR will be huge plus!!!)
- Experience in SDLC processes/guidelines
- Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, unit test, system test, deployment, and production support
Skills and Behaviors:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, appropriate for a broad range including business stakeholders, 3rd party vendors, offshore providers, and technical developers
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, detailed analytical capabilities, and clear and concise communications
- Must be able to multi-task on various initiatives
- Ability to work towards multiple deadlines with shifting priorities; should have “sense of urgency” to meet business expectations