This functional role will support the local business unit to deliver IT on-site support as well as support local IT initiatives to ensure successful completion. The IT Senior Support Engineer operates in close co-operation with the Service Desk and her/his team for the assigned sites (San Jose and Alameda). The IT Senior Support Engineer will engage executive staff in supporting IT issues business and representing local IT organization
Join a well-established, Sequoia-backed company that is on the cutting edge of using AI to deliver a superior customer experience. You’ll fit in well at 7 if you thrive owning problems, working collaboratively with global teams, and you drive to innovate to solve the complex issues necessary to get results. Even more, you ‘get’ what we do: innovating AI based technology to help companies acquire customers and manage relationships that drive new levels of customer satisfaction and profitability. Learn more at 247-inc.com.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL:
This functional role will support the local business unit to deliver IT on-site support as well as support local IT initiatives to ensure successful completion.
The IT Senior Support Engineer operates in close co-operation with the Service Desk and her/his team for the assigned sites (San Jose and Alameda).
Tasks must be processed within Service Levels, at right quality and with high customer satisfaction.
The IT Senior Support Engineer engages executive staff in supporting IT issues business and representing local IT organization
2.Key Areas of Accountability/Responsibility
- Responsible to resolve incidents raised locally or assigned by the Service Desk. This includes supporting workstations (Windows and Mac), the common business applications (Office 365, Okta, Active Directory, WebEx, Zoom), printing, local area network, and assist in server- and software incidents.
- Responsible to support server management operations, like:
- Break/fix activities for servers and network equipment
- Configuring/Supporting Nutanix environment
- Supporting Meraki Wireless Environment
- Supporting Windows Server 2008/2012
- Assisting in resolving backup issues
- Power shutdowns
- Responsible to assist 3rd party suppliers to resolve incidents, including network and server related incidents
- Responsible to identify problems in the IT infrastructure, based on re-occurring incidents, and assist management in investigations and analysis of root causes (e.g. collect information and support testing)
- Responsible to assist in security incident handling, reporting of security deviations/breaches, etc.
- Responsible to escalate to his/her Manager in case of:
- issues or complaints any enduser non-compliance, including software infringements, security violations, virus issues and IT services miss-use
- Responsible to update assigned calls in the service management tool (iSolve), including time tracking of own activities
- Responsible to create and provide knowledge articles to share experiences (knowledge transfer) with peers.
- Responsible for audit support (e.g. check physical devices and location)
- Responsible to manage and track assets and manage local stock
3.Special assignments / Projects
- Participate in projects to ensure the most effective change and / or implementation of end user functionalities
- Optionally the IT Senior Support Engineer could locally execute activities for other support groups, e.g. Telecom Services and Wide Area Network services) and/or services like:
- Patching network and telephone connections
- Execute On-Site activities defined and directed by IT management
- Execute operational tasks for implementation of local or regional projects on time and material basis (e.g. physical installation of devices on site, hardware refresh)
- Provide training for new users in standard operating environment
- Will have the role of SME for various Corporate project initiatives.
4. Information Security
- Driving remediation activities from identification, remediation plan and closure. Hold owners accountable to delivery of remediation solution within the agreed upon/reasonable SLA.
- Monitor current internal processes security risk profiles to objectively determine gaps that require additional review.
- Work with various operational teams to drive towards a cohesive view of security risk and drive remediation items to closure. Maintain accurate reporting of remediation activities to bring appropriate visibility to stakeholders.
- Participate in Corp IT security compliance programs to support various compliance regulations such as PCI and SOC2
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU HAVE:
- A keen analytical mind and advanced problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work directly with customers in person and via email.
- Ability to be a resource for peers and other Corp IT engineers.
- Desire to improve knowledge resources to help customers and peers.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably a BS in a science or technology) or equivalent work experience.
- Strong working knowledge in Operating System Software (Microsoft Windows Client and Server, and Mac)
- Windows domains and Active Directory
- Polycom Infrastructure
- Zoom Enterprise
- Office 365