SEKO started out in business in 1976, operating out of a single Chicago office. Since then, we have built a solid reputation throughout the world as an innovative and flexible provider of first class logistics services. We provide complete Supply Chain Solutions, specializing in transportation, logistics, forwarding and warehousing. We also lead the industry with innovative and customizable IT solutions, which provide a seamless flow of information and give our growing customer base true supply chain visibility.
With over 120 offices in 40 countries worldwide, our unique shareholder management model enables you to benefit from Global implementation experience and expertise across all industry sectors, coupled with vital in-country knowledge and service at the local level.
SEKO’s IT team is a critical path to achieve the company’s goals. As we strive to improve our products and delivery thereof to our customers, this new position at SEKO is important to enable separation of duties and ensure success for all functional areas within our IT department.
The Senior Software Engineer plays an integral role in the performance and availability of SEKO’s products. This position offers opportunities for growth through the support of a variety applications built with different frameworks/tools and driving efforts to satisfy customers. Teamwork will be essential as you strive for product improvements through RCA and work to coincide with ALM as products transition from application development to operations.
- Work with QA and Application development staff to ensure healthy transition to IT Systems staff
- Respond to Production Environment incidents and coordinate the work and release to resolve from the appropriate personnel.
- Review application logs on a daily basis to proactively identify any problems.
- Review performance metrics for servers and applications.
- Aid with designing and coding coded tests during application development
- Work well in a team environment as it relates to communication, attitude, source control, following coding guidelines, and project coordination.
- Leading by example supporting documentation and procedures for ITIL Management
- Communicate progress & design decisions.
- Be committed and passionate about your trade.
- Point of contact for off hour incidents.
- Ability to think critically to help design and implement monitoring tools that will provide transparency to applications state, history, and trends.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to get to the root cause of an issue
- Ability to effectively communicate details of complex issues to stake holders, business and technical users.
- Experience supporting a highly available application.
- Demonstrate an above average knowledge of T-SQL.
- Innate ability to comprehend code to quickly adapt and modify its current architecture while maintaining its intended purposes without introducing any deleterious effects nor superfluous alterations.
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio’s development tools.
- Adept with debugging tools such as chrome debugger, fiddler or similar.
- 3+ years of coding experience with various testing frameworks.
- Implementing and/or following ITIL Frameworks
- Successful implementation of Six Sigma practices within SDLC