The IT Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing software solutions.
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Engineers, BA’s and Product Managers.
- Decompose, plan, and estimate small- to medium-sized efforts using agile practices (story-point estimation).
- Manage work intake, workflow, and status using appropriate tools (VSTS Issue tracking), including backlog grooming, incident handling, enhancements, defects, and deliverables.
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation.
- Develop maintainable and highly scalable multi-tier SaaS applications, microservices PaaS applications with web-based, and mobile-based clients.
- Build, test and deliver high quality, complex frameworks and systems and diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast paced technical design and development team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- Extensive programming experience, with at least 3 years as a senior software development engineer and/or technical lead with similar roles / responsibilities.
- Experience developing external customer facing applications.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is preferred.
- Experience developing Single Page Applications using AngularJS, or similar technologies is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with utilizing and leveraging reference architectures across a team based environment a plus.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Deep understanding of SOLID design principals and patterns.
- Deep technical knowledge in Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- Quality and Test first development mindset.
- Successful track record delivering high quality products while working in Agile Teams and following Agile methodologies.
- Able to adhere to technical standards within a development team.
- Ability to strongly influence peers and technical staff within the team.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Expert skills in designing, coding, and implementing with 24/7 stability, performance, scalability, localization and security requirements in mind.
- Proficient in Domain Driven Design.
- Knowledge of security best practices based on OWASP recommendations.
- Proficient in object-oriented design and development using software development best practices.
- Excellent skills in implementation / integration of standardized, industry-wide protocols such as, AMQP, HTTPS and Websockets.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Job ID 2019-7631