This hands-on Project Management position will reside within the Project Management Office in the Information Technology department. This role will lead the Firm's largest and most strategic programs and projects that cut across multiple technology areas and the business areas they support, providing major technology platform transformation and change management, where 20+ years of legacy technology is being re-platformed to become a competitive advantage. This position will have matrix management responsibility of project-based resources from all departments within Information Technology and will also be responsible for managing contract Project Managers and team resources on project-based engagements.
This individual will also be responsible for working with IT departmental management to provide forward looking resource allocation planning, project portfolio budgeting, project delivery planning, and executive summary status reporting for their projects. Lastly, this role will provide input into the project lifecycle and methodology guidelines for the entire IT department to follow.
- Minimum of 4 years recent experience providing hands-on project management within an Information Technology department, matrix managing both internal staff and external vendor contract teams
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading projects through Agile/Iterative methodologies, operating in a Scrum Master role when necessary to decompose high level project requirements into actionable Sprints and deliverables for the project team.
- Facilitate sprint planning, daily scrums, and retrospectives
- Educate and reinforce scrum methodology and agile framework to team members and key stakeholders
- Track and manage product backlog, burndown metrics, velocity, and task breakdown
- Minimum of 1 year experience using JIRA for Agile projects
- Extensive experience leading large enterprise-wide technology re-platform programs and solution delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting, and project planning in a matrixed environment with aggressive delivery goals.
- Experience creating 3rd party RFPs, Statements of Work, contract review/negotiation, and overseeing vendor resources for projects that fall outside of existing IT functional areas
- Expert communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled multi-tasker with ability to manage numerous projects and tasks concurrently
- Subject matter expert in the basics of project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning)
- Stable work history with at least 2 years average duration per employer, few breaks in employment, and with progressively increasing career responsibility
- Substantiated experience raising the bar on staff delivery performance and cultivating high performance work environments
- Experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process, and business change management.
- Hands-on leader and problem solver with a passion for excellence
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, exceptionally detail oriented, and driven to exceed expectations.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a Computer Science or related field
- Scrum Master and/or PMP certification strongly desired
- Hands-on early career experience in a technical IT role preferred
- ITIL certification a plus
- Prior industry experience in Professional Services/Management Consulting or Financial Markets a plus
Why Should You Apply?
- Excellent Benefits
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans