$80K — $100K *
The Senior Project Manager has overall responsibility for the day to day management of assigned programs/projects and is responsible for project management and facilitation of one or more high priority or medium to high complexity project(s), mission-critical enterprise-wide initiatives,and/or continuous business improvement items. Additionally, this role is responsible for developing and educating less experienced staff in project management operations and practices.
The Senior Project Manager plans, executes and finalizes projects according to aggressive deadlines and budgets.
Coordinates resources and efforts of team members, third party contractors, and consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Defines project objectives and providing oversight of quality control throughout the lifecycle.
Demonstrates proven leadership in project management and will provide leadership and support to all members of the project team, internally and externally.
Responsible for significant, enterprise-wide projects, typically with large budgets and sizeable staff, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders etc.
Carries out strategic and discretionary projects and leads a senior group of managers and/or specialists.
Planning and Controlling: Contributes to global strategic planning on a long term basis
Business Results: Identifies and pursues significant business and efficiency opportunities.
Governance: Assists in defining organizational governance (e.g. sets up new processes and guidelines)
Relationship Management: Is able to build relationships with internal (& external) business partners in order to create new solutions.
Assists with the overall prioritization of multiple programs and resources.
Is key team member of strategic plan for build out of business system capabilities.
Manages relationship with Senior Executives from the business, contractor(s) and vendor(s).
Ability to manage multiple large, complex projects with the ability to deliver on time, on-budget, meeting client requirements and with high project team satisfaction.
* Adheres to the established enterprise methodologies, practices and procedures for documentation, project management, programming, configuration, change management, testing, deployment and system monitoring to promote accountability within that cultivates a collaborative work environment with our customers and ensures delivery of agreed upon functionality.
* Improving effectiveness and reliability through:
i. Only programming, configuring or processing approved work and referring new work or scope changes to the appropriate manager, PM or project management team for review and analysis.
ii. Actively assessing risks and assisting in risk mitigation
iii. Completing assigned tasks/projects on time, on budget and in scope.
* Performing with accountability and responsibility for not performing or requesting any out of scope tasks.
* Performing with accountability and responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies, practices and procedures
* Defines project scope, budget, goals and deliverables that support the business requirements in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Directs and manages project development from beginning to end including clear and concise timeline expectations to the project team.
* Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Coordinates resource estimates and participants needed to achieve project goals. Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the organization.
* Proactively manages changes in project scope, budget, project issues, potential risks, and devises contingency plans.
* Develops and delivers status reports, proposals, requirements documentation, change/risk/issue logs, earned value analysis, meeting minutes and presentations.
* Manages, clinical, business, and vendor resources in a matrix environment working with appropriate management to secure the appropriate resources.
* Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
* Ensure that all projects have a documented Return on Investment giving specific details and timelines for that return.
* If needed, coordinate and ensure that training specific to the project is planned and executed.
Change Management- Drive organizational change taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder priorities.
Acts as a champion for business process changes; act behind the scenes to craft solutions for business problems related or tangential to the project.
Knowledge Skills &Expertise- Thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools:
Execute & Control: scope, work plans, resources, deliverables, Q/A, transition planning, etc.
Close: completion and assessment
Strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management.
Understanding of missions and operations in other areas.
Understands who the client is and what the client's needs are; provides realistic expectations; establishes specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitors client satisfaction.
Knowledge of organization's methodology and tools.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving - Identifies, develops, and initiates innovations and solutions where precedents and procedures may not exist. Works cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Analyzes decisions and actions for their support of the larger area's strategic direction. Works with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
Collaboration - Demonstrates superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolve conflicts; and create lasting, productive partnerships with clients. Actively participates in cross-functional groups to solve problems across projects. Provides resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative initiatives. Utilizes a network of relationships to collect and disseminate information, build support, and secure buy-in for desired objectives. Projects a credible executive image when strategically communicating and planning for change. Fosters and manages productive relationships with executive level sponsors.
Communication Effectiveness - Conveys goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; interprets verbal and non-verbal messages that others communicate; produces clear status reports; communicates tactfully and candidly.
Ensures that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, sponsors steering committee and all levels of management and documented appropriately. Motivates project team members to action. Identifies common themes, makes inferences and draws conclusions. Ensures open communication on the project team. Addresses delicate situations and handles conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk. Demonstrates superior inter-personal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills. Handles broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences. Creates a forum and format for ongoing open communication within functional area or among departments. Defuses emotional charged situations and uses them to constructively build greater shared commitment to end goals. Promotes knowledge of team's work to gain support for ongoing and future initiatives.
Decision Making - Regularly makes decisions and takes independent action on matters directly affecting strategic goals. Guides staff and project managers in learning and applying useful decision making approaches. Partners with sponsors in understanding and creating opportunities and in making timely choices.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Nursing, Health Information Technology or related field of study is required.
Five to nine or more years as a Project Manager is required. Project Management in the healthcare industry is strongly preferred.
Experience managing multiple large, complex projects is required.
Experience managing vendor relationships and vendor resources is required.
Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification is required (or within 6 months of hire date).
* Bachelor Degree
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
Valid through: 7/7/2021