The Senior program manager is responsible for multiple critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of numerous strategic and transformational change initiatives by providing leadership and direction to assigned programs.
- Manage multiple complex, strategic technology programs and/ or projects to successful completion.
- Develop and manage relationships with and between all key program stakeholders, including the negotiation of roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitate executive level Leadership Team and Steering Committee meetings.
- Set clear expectations regarding artifacts, meetings, reporting and communication for all projects with the program.
- Monitor the work of the Program/Project Managers across the program, coaching where needed to ensure efficient and effective execution of project objectives and escalating to resource manager when necessary
- Ensure realistic and reliable staffing plans across the program, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Manage financials at the program and/or project level, as appropriate.
The Senior IT Program Manager may play the Project Manager role for projects within the program, depending on expertise and bandwidth.
- 10+ years of project management experience including large-scale complex projects OR equivalent management experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Managementor equivalent
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
- Experience with Waterfall, RUP and Agile methodologies required
- Experience managing technology projects is required
- Knowledge of project metrics, including data gathering, reporting, and trend analysis
- Exceptional PowerPoint skills, including functionality and design
- Project and Portfolio Management (e.g., CA Clarity PPM, Jira)
- Project planning (e.g. MS Project, etc.)
- Project Management certification (e.g., PMP/PMI)