- Align governance controls with the Application Management Services function necessary to operate existing products & platforms.
- Work with the Transformation Management Office as necessary to qualify, prioritize and optimize inbound initiatives.
- Develop and operate a model to size and prioritize all new development initiatives for existing platforms / products, as well as establish delivery management controls to deliver against business objectives.
- Enable DevOps to support the MRSI product and platform portfolio at ITIL L3+.
- Identify measures and metrics delivered through an efficient reporting process to enable transparency of product and platform operations health.
- Design control processes to enable leadership to make strategic decisions and undertake tactical measures where necessary to protect MRSI’s interests.
- Participate in and support internal and external application security and compliance audits
- Communicate Company vision, strategy and commitments.
- Act as a role model for the team and constantly strive towards organizational improvement.
- Accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of staff including team composition, hiring, motivation, retention and performance management.
- Maintain information regarding the skillset and allocations of all IT resources in the group.
- Actively monitor and assess changing conditions and resource availability to find solutions for resource management.
- Establish connections with global business stakeholders
- Partner with AMS and the DevOps team. Align teams with the DevOps Vision.
- Communicates with business leaders on implementation plans, resource needs and status updates
- Provides guidance and work effectively with vendors in the implementation of the Duck Creek system
- Outstanding leadership competency with 15+ years of relevant professional management experience in IT related areas as defined above, preferably in a global enterprise or consulting organization.
- Proven track record managing a large-scale program in the insurance technology space, preferably Duck Creek or Guidewire is desirable
- At least 15+ years of insurance industry experience preferred – ideally in primary insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering / IT or similar background.
- Experience managing an IT services delivery group – especially through transformation initiatives.
- Experience with Financial planning, Forecasting and Expense management in an IT environment. Knowledge of and demonstrable expertise in PlanView a major plus.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and simplify complex concepts and issues.
- Experience with Agile delivery frameworks (e.g. Scrum, SAFe) a major plus.
- An emphatic manager with the ability to mentor his / her team towards successful outcomes.
- Build teams that manage internal and external interfaces in a global context
- Consulting and collaborative working style creating a culture of accountability and sharing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication coupled with negotiation skills.
- PMP or Program Management Certification a plus
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity.
Experience with Azure Dev Ops, JIRA or other similar tools is required.