Responsible for evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions in the portal & collaboration space to address business needs. Highly visible role with IT executives which directly interfaces with the business community. Lead a multi-year program to rollout collaboration technologies for our employees.
- Help create and drive portal & collaboraton technology vision and implementation program to maximize the effectiveness of individual employees, teams, workgroups and departments. Do so by:
- Closely partner with HR executing the needed organizational and process changes.
- Leading a cross-functional team dedicated to this initiative.
- Developing a portal & collaboration workplace platform that incorporates market trends and technologies as appropriate.
- Applying user-experience principles.
- Establishing a measurement framework to evolve and improve capabilities on an ongoing basis
- Must be able to quickly establish credibility at all levels of the organization including senior-level business executives
- Manage budget, resources and schedules across multiple projects, internal and system integrator staff. Coordinate with other programs and IT’s shared services
- Identify, manage and communicate issues, risks and dependencies to project stakeholders and sponsors
SUBSET SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and leads a Portal & Collaboration governance, change and steering committee, which will plan and governdigital workplace initiatives across the organization; and which will share best practices and review program progress.
- Works closely with the HR to understand employees' current challenges and experience, demographic changes in the workforce. Incorporates this knowledge into program planning.
- Developing Direct Reports and others
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Managing and Measuring others
- Motivating Others
- Technical Competence/Expertise
- Customer Focus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 10 to 15years’ IT experience within a Fortune 500 or similar IT environment
- At least 5years implementing portal & collaboration technologies, ideally Office365 and SharePoint.
- Experience managing teams over 20 FTEs, including subcontractors and offshore resources
- Experience leading business process management professionals to rethink, simplify and redesign existing processes to ensure employee engagement and effectiveness.
- Able to develop metrics that allow the organization to gauge the success of its Portal & Collaboration investments. Ensures that this data is collected, analyzed, tracked, communicated using performance scorecards, and acted upon.
- Ability to effectively guide and sustain people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Office365
- Some experience with agile methods
- Big4 Consulting experience
- Graduate degree
- Experience with a major retailer
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Occasional travel to our NYC office