IT Senior Manager, Data / Information Management
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The Information Management team is accountable for defining, delivering and maintaining data-driven solutions across three lines of business, Insurance, US Credit Cards, and Canadian Collections & Recovery.
The team has a focus on several key domains – Big Data Technologies, Sophisticated Analytics, Machine Learning and Insights along with standardized and commoditized Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Data Warehousing and Reporting.
The mission is to maximize business value by balancing strategic architectural plans with speed of delivery and leveraging shared infrastructure services and delivering solutions which drive systemic business advantage.
About This Role
The Senior Manager builds and maintains strong business relationship with internal partners and provides direction and guidance on optimal technology solutions/services to meet business needs. The position manages a varied team of IT data professionals and bridges the gap between the business and technology, and leverages resources across functional or specialized technology areas to ensure end to end delivery of solutions or services within planned forecasts / cost estimates.
• Sets work direction at an operational level, works autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborates with other business or technology leaders to establish and execute on common goals with a medium to longer term business perspective
• Expert knowledge of Information Management program delivery
• Integrator role that oversees various technology functions / resources to deliver Information Management shared service
• Oversees a sizeable and varied team of technology data professionals (e.g., up to 50+ consisting of Developers, Solutions Designers, Business Systems Analysts, Specialists, and/or Project Managers) in the end to end delivery of complex projects, system enhancements / applications and/or application or service management
• Directs/manages large-scale applications/ projects across multiple product lines/ businesses, involving significant scope and complexity
• Understands strategic direction (including financials) and champions alliances to benefit the Bank and/or department; advocates for operational improvements to enhance the division’s value to the organization
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
· 10+ years of experience delivering data initiatives
· Knowledge of the credit card industry and vendors (e.g. First Data, TSYS) an asset
· Demonstrated passion for working on the forefront of emerging data technologies
· Strong influencing and negotiating skills at all levels of the organization
· Knowledge of the following technical areas is required:
- Big DataTechnologies
- Data Integration
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Business Intelligence
- Reporting and Visualization