Job Title: IT Security Specialist
Duration:12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
- Security Consultant to help IT Augment the security staff until OIT can take over all Security related needs for the agency.
This position will function as a highly skilled Security Consultant with specific responsibilities that include:
- Monitor network and information system activity.
- Respond to alerts (analyze, interpret, investigate, resolve) based on monitoring activity, for security (malware, malicious actor), and other purposes (malicious activity, misuse, etc.)Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures.
- Understands customer support, likes to work with people and can ensure that the customer is satisfied.
- Manage, update, modify alerts, adjust/fine tune event correlation rules, etc. (e.g. filter false positives, increase accuracy/relevance/effectiveness), create new rules based on threat changes/evolving risk, etc.
- Understanding of basic Networking principles, including networktroubleshooting for connectivity issues, DHCP, DNS, use of tools like PING, NSLOOKUP and NETSTAT
- Perform specialized security functions (e.g. forensics for incident response).
- Perform event correlation, analysis of malicious activity indicators, and appropriate response, based on review and access to multiple security tools and services.
- Provide routine security and general support (tickets, ad-hoc requests, etc.) to all DPS departments/users, IT groups/resources, external (other state agencies, public), etc.
- SPECIAL NOTE: We are running a 24/7 operation. Consultant may need to come in during incident or emergency situations.
- CISSP Required.
- 10 Total years IT experience.
- 8Years IT securityexperience.
- 8Years customer service experience.
- 2Years SIEM experience (Q-Radar preferred).
- 4Years' experience with Web and Email Filtering and Security (IronPort preferred).
- 5Years' experience with Web Application Firewall/Database Activity Monitoring (Imperva preferred).
- 3Years of endpoint protection experience (McAfee preferred).
- 1year of vulnerability scanning experience (Qualys preferred).
- 1year of application security scanning experience (AppScan preferred).
- 3years IPS (IBM preferred).
- Proven contributor to continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency of section.
- 8Years troubleshootingexperience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- 8Years' experience with Active Directory.
- 8Years knowledge of Networking to including PING, NETSTAT, DHCP, DNS, and NSLOOKUP.
- IBM Q-Radar
- IronPort Web/Email Security
- McAfee Enterprise solutions
- IBM IPS
- Othersecurity related tools
- Certifications in Microsoft
- PowerShell 3.0 scripting background
- ITIL Knowledge and ITSM Tools