We are currently searching for an IT Security Specialist/Engineer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
The NIH requires services of IT Security Specialist/Engineer who has significant experience in cybersecurity defense, enterprise IT security administration, and vulnerability assessment. This position reports to the LHNCBC Office of Director and has the following duties:
• Conduct daily IT security administration of Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications (LHNCBC’s) computing infrastructure including firewall management, vulnerability management, securityaudit, and other related IT support to ensure the compliance of LHNCBC with security policies;
• Work with system administrators, developers and users to resolve IT security issues;
• Investigate any security incidents and generate a forensic report;
• Coordinate annual penetration test and resolve all security concerns;
• Work withother technical members of NLM Security Committee and LHNCBC Computing Resource Technical Committee to resolve technical matters;
• Provide technical advice to LHNCBC managers.
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum two (2) years of direct experiences in enterprise IT security;
• Minimum two (2) years of system administration and shell programming experiences in Unix/Linux;
• In-depth knowledge on cybersecurity defense including defense against ransomware, virus, spyware and security vulnerability management.
• Ability to investigate a security incident, and write a forensic report.
• Excellent analytical skills in debugging, tracking, fixing and preventing security related issues.
• Understanding of network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, multicasting;
• Demonstrated experience in a process-oriented working environment;
• Excellent time-management and organizing skills to accomplish tasks in priority;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work with people at every level;
• Extensive hands-on experience is a must;
• BS degree in Computer Science required or other equivalent engineering disciplines from a reputable college can be considered.