$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
ActioNet is looking for a Cyber Security Specialist to provide hands-on expert technical support in an effort to harden and document IT systems. The client is located in San Antonio, Texas and will require some travel. The responsibilities for this positon include firewall management, log management, system security program support, security operations, and security engineering remediation.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working on IT systems with a security focus and have experience with configuring and documenting systems for this purpose. He or she must be able to work in a variety of environments and have the ability to communicate status and requirements effectively. This is an excellent position for someone who understands security and enjoys working in varied environments.
Familiarity with the following tools is a must:
• Provides technical support in the areas of firewall/UTM implementation and support, security incident response, vulnerability scanning and security log management
• Provides technical support to customer systems and assist with making configuration changes and improvements to firewall security
• Provides technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, network security, product evaluation, and security implementation.
• Assist in performing vulnerability scans and recommend changes to address security vulnerabilities detected
• Provides technical evaluations of systems and assists with making security improvements.
• Participates in design of information system contingency plans that maintain appropriate levels of protection and meet time requirements for minimizing operations impact to customer organization.
• Conducts security product evaluations, and recommends products, technologies and upgrades to improve the customer's security posture.
• Conducts testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures.
Valid Through: 2019-11-5