We are looking for IT Security Risk Consultant for our client in Westport, CT
Job Title: IT Security Risk Consultant
Job Location: Westport, CT
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- As an Information Security Consultant, the individual will provide security guidance to internal IT project teams responsible for delivering business and security solutions, working closely with infrastructurearchitecture/engineering/operations, risk, governance, audit, privacy, business teams and other areas necessary to identify security compliance, along with risk impacts to the business and drive solutions ranging from education and awareness to the adoption of new/existing policies, standards, processes, controls and technologies.
- The scope of this position is to proactively test for compliance with security policies and procedures and to recommend potential new approaches.
- This position is required to comply with all HM Health Solutions Corporate Policies and Information Security Policies, Standards and Procedures. Mentor team members.
- The Information Security Consultant will also be expected to perform security compliance risk assessments of information systems and infrastructure, develop appropriate control mitigation options, along with being able to effectively articulate findings and recommendations to IT project teams and management.
- The successful candidate must have solid background of security devices and controls used in the infrastructure.
- The Information Security Specialist will be expected to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Lead in conducting information risk assessments as assigned to the team. Request and analyze documentation necessary to perform appropriate assessment and conduct necessary interviews in order to collect and review relevant materials necessary to produce results of the assessment.
- Clearly and concisely document and communicate risk assessment results with requester, security architects and management, as appropriate.
- Conduct and formulate appropriate risk scoring, as it relates to threat, vulnerability, likelihood, impact, security controls/countermeasures, etc.
- Understand and contribute to inventory of risk register tracking, scoring and associated risk statements
- Perform follow up activities related to exceptions, risk acceptance, corrective action plans and additional mitigation activities
- Communicate risk treatment methodology, risk avoidance, risk acceptance, risk transference and risk mitigation to appropriate groups.
- Take lead role in partnering with multiple projects and initiatives to applysecurityarchitecture requirements, develop architecture solutions, integrate security into solution designs, access risks of security gaps, and develop architecture remediation.
- Take lead role with HM Health Solutions teams in developing and maintaining appropriate procedural documentation which meets relevant compliance standards, such as Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS), Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST), and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001.
- Prepare and present solution decks to different levels of management and varying technical experience.
- Lead in assuring compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree - Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance,
- Computer Science or related field
- At least 10 years; experience in Information Security, Governance, Risk and/or Compliance
- Master's Degree - Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- 7 - 10 years' experience in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- 5 - 7 years; experience within Information Security Governance, Risk and/or Compliance functions and activities
- 7 - 10 years' experience developing, communicating and presenting Information Security and Risk Management concepts to varying audience
- Familiarity with technologies such as intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), firewalls, endpoint protection, web/email filtering, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), digital rights management, encryption, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), and virtualization platforms
- 10 - 15 years experience in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- Experience working within an information security function using the HITRUST Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF), or the NIST 800-83 cybersecurity framework
- Experience supporting SSAE 16 or SOC 2 Security Trust Principle audits
- IT / Information securityrisk advisory experience
- Analytics and Monitoring Trends
- Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool experience such as ARCHER
- In-depth understanding of networksecurityarchitecture, network and networking protocols
- Security industry organization participation / leadership (HITRUST, ISACA, InfraGard, ISC2, ISSA, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of HITRUST CSF, NIST 800-83 cybersecurity framework, PCI, HIPAA, HITECH, COBIT, ISO 27001/2, and ITIL 3
- Knowledge of NIST Risk Assessment methodology
- Familiarity with secure SDLC best practices
- Knowledge of OCTAVE or OCTAVE Allegro risk methodology
- Ability to work within high performance, multi-discipline teams
- Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Audit Command Language or Comparable Application Software
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH),
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Global Information Assurance Certification
- Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), SANS or similar industry certifications?