IT Security Portfolio Manager
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for IT Security Portfolio Manager for our client in Woodlands, TX
Job Title: IT Security Portfolio Manager
Job Location: Woodlands, TX
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The InfrastructurePortfolio Manager has the responsibility of planning, organizing, and providing leadership to an assigned team of resources, with the ultimate goal of delivering complex and large IT InfrastructureSecurity projects on time and within budget, such that the business requirements are met, while adhering to Customer standard Project Management methodology.
- The responsibility includes ensuring the projects align with the IT Technology Roadmap to provide the maximum return on investment.
- The InfrastructurePortfolio Manager IV is also responsible for the program management oversight of the IT Infrastructure Project Portfolio in terms of making sure that business requirements are clearly identified, proper project artifacts and deliverables are produced and maintained, project risks/issues are being identified/escalated/tracked, project status are communicated in a timely manner, and the overall project resource capacity plan is maintained. In addition, the InfrastructurePortfolio Manager is responsible for ensuring that all the IT InfrastructureRisks and Audit items are being tracked for remediation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resource Demand Management:
- Ensure project requests are evaluated, aligned and prioritized in terms of objectives, benefit and criticality.
- Co-facilitate the IT Steering Committee meetings to discuss project prioritization and overall project status.
- Co-facilitate the IT Resource Planning meetings to discuss in flight and upcoming projects that have cross-functional impact and resource requirements.
- Review the Infrastructure Capacity Plan on a regular basis, providing feedback to the IT Infrastructure Resource Managers in terms of over/under allocations and project resource capacity risks.
- Collaborate with the Resource Managers to align staffing capacity and releasescheduling processes.
- Infrastructure Project Portfolio Management:
- Program management oversight of the IT Infrastructure Project Portfolio in terms of:
- Project resource coordination
- Project scheduling
- Project issues & risks identification, escalation, and tracking
- Project status communications
- Responsible for the various stages of the project life cycle
- Creation and maintenance of project artifacts including (but not limited to) project scope, business case, business requirements, technical development and testing documentation and all relevant presentation materials
- Creation and maintenance of a detailed project schedule
- Develop and coordinate a project communication plan
- Support the project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc. Takes meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs basic follow-up.
- Ensure project scope, schedule and budget are established and managed throughout the program/project lifecycle
- Ensure project and issue status is communicated to business stakeholders, IT Management and project team members
- Ensure expectations are managed and risks/issues are identified early, and mitigated
- Shares with the accountability and responsibility of the project outcome
- Risk and Audit Management
- Creation and maintenance of IT InfrastructureRisks and Audit tracking list – sources include PCI and FFIEC gap assessments, NCUA and other regulatory compliance examinations
- Ensure that action items are identified, assigned, and properly monitored for completion
- Maintain positive working relationship with project teams, business units and external vendors.
- Stay abreast of industry trends in business and technology
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert project management skills and understanding of project planning techniques and methods
- Advanced knowledge of resource management planning and execution methodologies
- Advanced understanding of project financial planning
- People management skill-set with a particular emphasis on performance management skills
- Knowledge and experience with quality planning, quality control and quality improvement models and techniques (PDSA, Lean, Six Sigma)
- Excellent communication both written and orally
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong vendor management and contract negotiation skills
- A thorough understanding of Systems Development Lifecycle methodologies
- Ability to isolate issues and lead to strategic solutions as well as the day-to-day tactics
- Ability to identify and define appropriate quality measures and performance targets
- Ability to evaluate and assess organizational climate and cultural “readiness” for operational changes that will occur as a result of project implementation
- Ability to plan, develop and implement effective problem and change management strategies
- Ability to produce detailed project plan, project dependencies, resources and costs
- Ability to stimulate and command trust, loyalty and respect through collaboration and partnership
- Resourceful, Ethical, Dependable, Caring, Accountable, and Passionate
Education, Training and Experience:
- Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT/MIS or a related field
- 7+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing large scale projects involving multiple organizations (i.e. $500K+ project budgets)
- PMI/PMP Project Management certification or similar designation is desired
- Bank, Credit Union, or Mortgage industry work experience is preferred
- Fluent in MS-Project or similar enterprise project management solution