- Works with the Manager of Information Services in establishing the overall security strategy and policies for the company and providing oversight and monitoring of all aspects of the security program, including audit.
- Assists in creating the annual risk assessment from which the security plan will be modified.
- Is responsible for promoting information security awareness within the organization.
- Helps develop, implement and test information security and disaster discovery programs in accordance with organizational information security standards.
- Conceptualizes, designs, installs, and maintains network, security and phone systems to allow access to corporate information in order to provide management with needed information for effective planning, control, and decision making, and for discharging the accountability of the Company to investors, creditors, and government agencies.
- Provides remote and/or on-site operational support, maintenance, problem solving, configuration and installation of assigned systems, including LAN/WAN (Local Area Network/Wide Area Network).
- Performs security tasks to keep the network secure from unauthorized access.
- Helps set vision and global securityarchitecture for organization including assisting in developing the overall security program.
- Implements documented information security policies and procedures across all business units.
- Ensures information security is addressed as a business issue across the company and provide overall coordination and management of all security activities within the company and implement the appropriate level of security software for the organization.
- Coordinates information security training for employees, contractors, partners, and other third parties as appropriate.
- Monitors compliance with the organization’s information security policies and procedures among employees, contractors, partners, and other third parties; resolve potential issues/manage remediation plans as needed.
- Performs annual information securityrisk assessments and participate in securityaudits.
- Participates in development of organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans for information systems.
- Oversees incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Performs LAN/WAN design and capacity planning including network design technical specifications, networking product selection, carrier provisioning, and project scheduling management.
- Designs, installs and administers networksecurity through server fire walls and networksecurity systems.
- Installs and administers all communication equipment necessary to maintain wide area network (WAN) including servers, routers, hubs, and CSU/DSUs.
- Position requires travel by driving, air, or other modes of transportation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationship
- Reports administratively to the Manager of Information Services, who provides general supervision and guidance, assigns specific projects or tasks, and reviews completed work.
- Works in team effort with Manager of Information Services, Manager of Systems and Programming, Programmers, Network Manager, Programmer/Analysts, Database Administrator, Operations Supervisor and PC Applications Specialist to provide effective services of Information Services Department.
- Maintains close working relationships with other managers and staff at all levels of the company.
- Works with other individuals internally and externally as required in the performance of duties.
Academic: BS degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent related experience.
- 6-8 years of progressively responsibleexperience in networking hardware, software, configuration, security, telecommunications and analysis.
Personal: Identifies with the values, philosophy and mission of Sanderson Farms, Inc.
- Must possess good organizational, logical and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of networking fundamentals, preferably Windows and Linux, including configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate effectively and make management presentations.
- Ability to work on a broad range of projects with many things going on concurrently.