ON Semiconductor is seeking a self-driven and motivated professional to join their Information Security team, located in Phoenix, AZ. As a hands-on Security Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity help shape the future of a growing Information Security Operations team focused on protecting critical information assets while enabling business internationally. Your role will focus on leading by example to set the quality standard for operational tasks and directly managing the daily operations team to work to the standard that you set.
- Sets the example for proper execution of security operations tasks by acting as the technical lead for the team
- Manages daily tasks of individual contributors within the security operations team
- Manages relationships with internal and third party partners providing services to the security operations team
- Delivers periodic performance reviews for security operations staff
- Develops processes and standards for security operations tools and services
- Oversees the daily activity of security operations members to ensure that proper process is being followed
- Mentors junior members of the security operations team to develop individual contributor skillset
- Tracks metrics of the daily security operations team, identifies areas for improvement, and leads by example to reach improvement goals
- Responds to and reports on IT security incidents of moderate to high complexity, providing initial assessment of impact severity and types of incidents being addressed. Coordinates resolution efforts with Information Security and Information Technology teams for critical or serious incidents
- Participates on IT projects and provides expertise as appropriate
- Keeps abreast of current risks, security issues, threats, protection strategies, and regulatory developments
- Performs other duties as directed by the Director of Cybersecurity Operations
Years of experience:
- 5+ years of experience in information security
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology related field plus 4 years of hands on information security related work experience OR 8 years of hands on information technology experience in lieu of degree.
- Candidates must demonstrate technical expertise in at least one of the following areas: network security, operating system security, database security, security event analysis, or security architecture.
- Candidates should have deep knowledge and hands-on skills in at least 3 of the following areas: firewalls, proxy servers, remote access, intrusion detection systems, wireless, encryption, antivirus, DLP, SIEM, identity management, endpoint forensics.
- Certification in information technology or information security is preferred: (CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, GIAC, etc.).
Soft skills (Competencies)
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and executive communication skills in English
- Demonstrates good negotiation & relationship-building skills
- Adapts to change – is flexible
- Delivers assignments on time or early
- Manages time effectively – plans, prioritizes, and achieves goals
- Escalates issues early and manages customer expectations effectively
- Anticipates problems, identifies solutions and addresses issues creatively
- Ability to obtain US government security clearance may be required
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions, offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power management, analog, sensors, logic, timing, connectivity, discrete, SoC and custom devices. The company’s products help engineers solve their unique design challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer, industrial, medical, aerospace and defense applications. ON Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply chain and quality program, a robust compliance and ethics program, and a network of manufacturing facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.