The Information TechnologySecurity Manager ensures that the risk to the organization?s information posed by a variety of cyberthreats (cyberattacks; theft or corruption from within; etc.) is minimized. The IT Security Manager ensures that when cyberattacks occur or data are stolen or compromised, these incidents are dealt with promptly and effectively and the chance of that particular type of incident recurring is minimized. The IT Security Manager will work in accordance with other IT Departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The Director of Technical Operations may designate various other activities. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time for any reason, including reasonable accommodation.
- Research the latest information technologysecurity trends.
- Work alongside the MCCA IT Security Team to mitigate and manage the MCCA Cybersecurity program.
- Work with MCCA IT Department personnel as well as contract partners to monitor the organization?s networks and system environment for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur.
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization?s cybersecurity plan.
- Develop and direct implementation of security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Direct the installation and use of security tools (e.g., firewalls, data encryption), to protect sensitive information.
- Recommend security enhancements to IT Management.
- Help computer technicians, end users when they need to install or learn about new security products and/or procedures.
- Ensure that IT securityaudits are conducted periodically or as needed (e.g., when a security breach occurs).
- Proactively assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network
- Submit Bi/weekly Securityreports
- Develop and maintain a security training plan for IT organization.
- Works in conjunction with organizational functions/departments to ensure employees are aware of cybersecurity issues, are trained in good cybersecurity practices, and are practicing safe/secure data collection, data transfers and storage, and use of social media, mobile devices, and apps, among others.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervision is provided by the Director of Technical Operations and includes assignment of duties, inspection of work, training, coaching, and performance evaluations.