IT Security Manager
This well-respected and world-renowned Cincinnati organization is seeking an experienced security/compliance professional to lead key initiatives within the IT Security organization.
Reporting to the Director, Information Security Officer, the Senior Information Security Analyst is responsible for development and management of information security operations and maintenance activities; assists in design/implementation of emergency/incident response processes, log monitoring processes and analysis, and vulnerability scanning and remediation risk analysis and oversight activities.
The company provides a healthy work/life balanced culture, unmatched benefits/perks,
5+ weeks of paid time off plus paid holidays.
What you will do:
- Provide project management from evaluation to implementation and operations process.
- Build, launch, and operationalize complex computer-based security systems.
- Participate in team security efforts with assigned tasks.
- Establish and improve automated monitoring of assigned systems.
- Participate in the evaluation of security systems and technology.
- Adequately represent the organization in development and needs analysis to ensure the best approach to integrating security systems when resolving user department needs.
- Establish relationships with vendors; communicating effectively; ensuring services or products are available upon need; monitoring vendor effectiveness to ensure desired results are achieved.
Skills & Competencies:
- Threat Management experience
- Technical Expertise with MS OS, Linux/UNIX, MAC OS at the server and workstation levels.
- Proficiency with securitythreat and layered mitigation technologies.
- System vulnerability awareness expertise (server patch mitigation).
- Expertise with Leading Security products, server builds, systems fortification, provisioning hardware for operational function around application or service. Versed in the understanding of computer operation and nuances of user interaction and tendencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field OR Equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in analyzing, configuring, operating, and maintaining computer-based security systems and technology.
- Microsoft O/S and Mac O/S server experience
- Identify and be able to react to network attacks, viruses, malware, SPAM, phishing and other intrusions.
- Ability to conduct system security vulnerability and threat analyses, gathering of intelligence, risk assessments and mitigation planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of information security standards (e.g., ISO 17799/27002, etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality (e.g. HIPAA, HITECH, etc.) and desktop, server, application, database, and networksecurity principles for risk identification and analysis very helpful. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required. Excellent communication skills.
- 34 days paid time off (PTO)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision benefits
- Attractive investment/retirement plan program.
- Other insurance, benefits, employee programs, etc.
- Convenient onsite amenities, cafeteria, and other perks.
$110K - $130K
$110K - $130K base, Very competitive pay, benefits, attractive pension, plus other p bonus