The IT Security Manager is a crucial position to the internal information technology structure on the Support Services Contract. Reporting to the Vice President of Technology and Innovation, the IT Security Manager will work closely with internal and external customers to develop and document IT Securitysolutions. These include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Program Manager to identify areas in which information technology can be applied to streamline processes
- Perform and conduct independent evaluations to ensure all systems’ confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility in accordance with client standards.
- Oversee and control projects that document system design and usage for submission of assessment and authorization
- Ability to identify benefits of IT system development
- Provide clear communication to client and internal management regarding system development
- Ability to work cross functionally to develop innovative information technology solutions which resolve potential performance concerns
- Determine if PII is stored, processed or transmitted appropriately through the general system.
- Responsible for the development of IT Security policies and maintaining acceptable levels of integrity in use of IT on the contract.
- Promptly respond to all requests by senior Government personnel for information related to Information Security Incidents (ISI) and/or info related to the system.
- Cooperate with client with any mutual agreed upon Information Securityinspections.
- Provide formal responses to client inspectionreports.
- Implement and maintain informationsecurityprogram that is compliant w/ FISMA, NIST special publications,
OMB guidelines, and OPM security policies
- Conduct annual risk assessment to determine current risks for violations of privacy and security standards.
- Oversee security protocols for IT projects
- Document system security design and usage for submission of assessment and authorization for contract applications, images, and standalone systems used in support of the contract.
- Provide clear communication to client and internal management IT system security development
- Develop and maintain routine securityreports that monitor system access
- Ability to communicate IT Security policy changes to the organization
- All other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional Certification
- Federal IT Security Professional Certification
- U.S. Citizenship
- At least 10 years previous experience in IT Security Development and Access Control
- Experience in government IT Security - Preferred
- Skills required: NetworkSecurity, Risk Management/Security Governance, Software Development Security, Access Control
- Microsoft Certification - Preferred
- Previous programming experience - Preferred
- Must have ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance