We are looking for ????IT Security Engineer for our client in Woodlands, TX
Job Title: ????IT Security Engineer
Job Location: Woodlands, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Responsible for defining, ratifying and maintaining a formal Threat & Vulnerability Management Program; and framework that defines the vulnerability priorities aligned with business criticality.
- Perform vulnerability analysis to assess the severity and risk that poses to the IT environment, and review the prioritization as part of the remediation conducted by the technology owner and respective stakeholders.
- Help identify metrics and KPIs that could be tracked in order to measure impact on multiple stakeholder groups.
- Apply a variety of analysis tools to interpret data and identify key learnings and patterns.
- Produce visualizations of data to monitor for developing trends/patterns and highlight areas of potential improvement.
- Help Vulnerability Management (VM) Team for maintaining appropriate documentation that defines the Threat & Vulnerability Management Program, Policy and Procedures
- Automate the threat intelligence and vulnerability management process to improve operation efficiency
Tools Knowledge :
- Qualys Guard
- IBM AppScan
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Computer Sciences, or equivalent prior work experience in a related field.
- Two to Three years of experience in Qualys policy compliance and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of scriptinglanguages like python and Perl
- Knowledge of the object oriented language like C#, Java
- Exposure to Qualys APIs.
- Exposure to SharePoint integration
- Exposure to database query language like SQL
- Exposure to XML and XSD
- Strong analytical skills (i.e., technical and non-technical problem solving skills).
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Personal requirements:
- Excellent communication skills Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritize work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines Excellent attention to detail and accuracy