The ITSecurity Engineer isresponsible for a broad range of tasks, including plan, design, deploy, integrate and maintain ITsecurity systems into Signet computing environments including systems used for logging, monitoring, intrusion detection, centralizedcybersecurityknowledge base, and behavioral analysis.
- Identify, plan, develop and implement automation of routine tasks.
- Re-mediate issues occurring with any IT security systems including but not limited to unexplained system outages, cybersecurity incidents, issues with data collection feeds or interfaces the day-to-day administration of information security tools and devices, alert response and analysis for security incident response actions.
- Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment and management, Cyber security defenses, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity and access management.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a dedicated security engineer position
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred but experience may be substituted
- Experience with identifying, documenting, mitigating, and consulting on enterprise securitythreats
- Experience with Windows, Linux, vulnerability assessment tools, firewalls, IDS/IPS, HIPS/HIDS, Nessus, NMAP, Qualys, SIEM, Splunk, ArcSight, Rapid7, WAF, routers, Switches, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP protocols, VMware, Endpoint Security, Cloud Security
- Supports systems security requirements, operational requirements, test and evaluation, or integration and tuning of system security appliances, applications, and tools.
- Perform security assessments across various solutions/products and platforms including the evaluation of hardware and software architectures, systems, sub systems, components, and interfaces
- Be able to participate effectively in an on-call rotation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with customers to understand their requirements
- Responsible for the evaluation of emerging projects and applications for an IT Security perspective.
- Ability to excel in high pressure environments
- Interface with vendors regarding security evaluations of new products.
- Document security processes, procedures, policies and standards
- Assist in maintaining compliance with various compliance programs, such as PCI, SOX, and Privacy regulations
- Industry certifications as CISSP, GSEC, CEH and/or Sec+(Preferred but not required)
- Industry certifications in networking, such as CCNA, CWNA and/or Net+(Preferred but not required).