IT Security Engineer
??We are looking for IT Security Engineer for our client in ????Portland, OR
Job Title: IT Security Engineer
Job Location: ????Portland, OR
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The resource will function as an IT Security Engineer supporting cybersecurity operations and projects by assisting with efforts to build/implement/configure/document new and existing security tools and systems.
Statement of Work:
IT Security Engineer Phase:
- The Security Engineer will report to the Manager of Security and work within the cybersecurity sub-team to supportsecuritytechnology within corporate and industrial control system environments. The Engineer will support existing security toolset (Syslog, IDS / IPS, SIEM, ELK, vulnerability scanning, etc), and tool systems (OS, network, and custom code), including maintenance of NERC CIPS compliance. Parse, archive, and analyze incoming data from across the enterprise for the creation of alarms and digests to the security analyst sub-team. Develop in-house solutions using OSS and custom code. Provide technical assistance as needed to IT, generation and other departments to enable them to meet security goals and requirements.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties as assigned by the Manager of Security.
- Support and maintain the Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Vulnerability Scanner, ELK research stack, syslog collectors, and other Information Security assets as needed. Includes meeting CIP requirements for Information Security-owned CIPS assets.
- Support and maintain corporate Proxy, intrusion detection (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
- Perform system administrator functions in the Linux environment supporting thesecurity toolsets.
- Create documentation to support management of security environment and toolsets ? job aids, policies and processes.
- Create and tune automated log analysis and alerting to meet internal system/network changes and ongoing developments in the overall securitylandscape.
- Acquire/develop, and deploy new Information Security systems, either as standalone systems or as part of larger corporate projects.
- Provide timely and accurate cross-platform support in response to securitythreats that may arise that poses a risk systems across the company?s computing enterprise.
- Support compliance requirements including CIPS, including the documentation of monitoring and review activities related to CIPS assets.
- Reply to each of the following requirements for each candidate. Confirm if the requirement can be met with a narrative description as appropriate. Provide a resume for each candidate.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically four years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a Bachelor?s degree.)
- Two years of experience in SIEM, proxy, IDS and IPS systems with associated incident response experience.
- Excellent system administration skills on Linux systems.
- Exposure to programming and scriptinglanguages such as PERL, Python, and Powershell, as well as open source security tools such as SNARE, SNORT, etc.
- Ability to construct and execute complex database queries using SQL.
- Technical knowledge of complex operating systems, database, network software, and disaster recovery practices.
- Knowledge of information technology terms, equipment, systems, functions, and major vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and customer relationship skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.