We are looking for IT Security Engineer for our client in Morristown, NJ
Job Title: IT Security Engineer
Job Location: Morristown, NJ
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Responsible for the daily IT security operational aspects of website, cloud, networksecurity incidents and activities.
- Working with Client and providing remediation & recommendation.
- Dealing with daily IT Security mitigation, whitelisting, SIEM alerts, false-positive analysis and investigation of abnormal traffic patterns impacting our Cloud, Network, websites and mobile applications.
- 5 years+ experience & knowledge of a variety of security technologies (e.g., SIEM, IDS / IPS, Firewall, Proxies, Anti-Virus).
- Monitors SIEM and logging environments for securityevents and alerts to potential (or active) threats, intrusions, and/or compromises
- Responsible for understanding the global threatlandscape through working with Target Cyber Threat Intel team to maintain awareness
- Experience with network monitoring in a SOC environment desired
- Familiarity with cybersecurity issues and incident response techniques.
- Escalates cybersecurityevents according to Target's Cyber Security Incident Response Plan
- Acts as a Lead during Cyber Hunt activities at the direction of one or more Target Incident Handlers
- Documents event analysis and writes comprehensive reports of incident investigation
- Experience with one or more scriptinglanguages such as Perl, Python and PowerShell.
- Must be processed and detailed oriented and possess good documentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose/troubleshoot technical issues.
- Familiarity with networksecurity, basic routing principles and networking fundamentals, and well-known protocols and services (e.g. FTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP).
- Security certifications (e.g. Security+, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CEH, etc.)
- Experience with ArcSight/Splunk/FireEye or other security products desired
- Experience managing cases with enterprise SIEM or Incident Management systems
- Experience supporting networkinvestigations, Malware Analysis, DDOS and Cloud Protection.