The IT Security Engineer will report to the Senior Manager of IT Security Engineering and will be part of the team that is responsible for deploying and maintaining IT Securityinfrastructure. In this role, you will define and implement Security Solutions to increase JCPenney’s overall Security posture. This position also acts as a Security liaison with the IT Development, Engineering and Operational teams for ongoing IT initiatives.
Critical Primary Responsibilities:
- Designs, configures, deploys, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots Security platforms and tools, used to secure JCPenney’s IT assets.
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) of at least two of the major Securitytechnologies such as Endpoint protection, NetworkSecurity, Identity and Access management, Security Monitoring etc, and have working knowledge of othertechnologies.
- Research, develop and improve Security best practices to include changes in technology as it pertains to JCPenney’s environment.
Critical Skills & Experiences:
- 5+ years’ experience in building and maintaining security systems, with strong work experience in 2 or more Securitytechnologies:
- Networksecurity tools, securing large distributed networks
- Security Monitoring tools
- Endpoint security tools
- OS hardening
- Identity and Access security tools, such as but not limited to Entrust Identity Guard
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate designs to senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Security+ & Network+ certifications or other related certifications preferred