The IT Security Engineer, under the direction of the IT Security Director, will execute IT security strategies and plans to protect computer systems, networks, and data. Provides expertise and support for IT security functions including security architecture, engineering, operations & response, and compliance support. Assists in analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing large complex systems or networks consisting of a combination that may include mainframes, mini-computers, personal computers, mobile devices, LANS, WANs, servers, data storage and the physical and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking backbone.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with cross functional teams to advance an overarching IT security architecture to strengthen security posture, and reduce risks to confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an Information Security Strategy Roadmap for all Security Technology domains and provide input on the strategic direction of the architecture team.
- Maintains and operates information system security controls and countermeasures; supervises and trains operators in the administration of these systems; documents the operation, use, and expected outputs of these systems.
- Acts as a technical consultant for the enterprise, ensuring security design for systems align with business needs, architecture and technical standards.
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
- Works closely with other IT employees to ensure security solution consistency with the enterprise architecture and strategy. This includes the review of detailed specifications for IT systems and the associated designs, scalability, completeness, quality, and performance.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Develops IT security configurations and standards to increase consistency and strengthen overall security posture.
- Responsible for administration and configuration of IT security appliances.
- Analyzes IT security threats and system vulnerabilities.
- Provides support for information security policy, regulatory, contractual, and statutory requirements.
- Firewalls; Data Loss Prevention; Antivirus, Anti-malware and Zero Day protections; Security Information and Event Management (SIEM); Identify and Access Management and Privileged User Management; Public Key Infrastructure and Certificate management).
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience. Preferred candidate would have an IT Security related certification such as CISSP, CeH, CCSP, SSCP, Security+.
- If working with federal government contract clients, an employee is required to receive federal government clearance for handling sensitive information. Employee is also required to receive annual security awareness training.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be willing to continually advance IT Security knowledge and abilities through engagement of both formal and informal educational opportunities.
- 10+ years general IT experience and/or 7+ years IT security engineering-related experience in a complex IT environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, a strong customer service orientation, and demonstrated organizational and skills are a must.
- Must be able to be on-call and work after hours as needed.
- Stays current with advancements in technology and techniques to ensure that security solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise level security systems and implementation procedures, corporate and government security regulations, security software products, domain structures, user authentication, user profiles, and digital signatures.
- Excellent understanding of cloud security and experience with design and/or implementation of applications in the cloud.
- Understanding of cloud deployment models: Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud; Cloud service models: Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS) and Software as a service (SaaS); implementation of relevant controls to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of OCCM data.
- In depth knowledge of the PCI DSS or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Extensive knowledge of technical security controls and technologies (e.g. IDS, IPS, traditional, NextGen and Web Application