Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies
What Will You Be Doing?
The IT Security Engineer II will be part of an IT Security team that designs, implements, maintains, troubleshoots and audits the security of the Frontier network infrastructure, maintains firewalls, IPS, servers, system-monitoring platforms, Anti-Virus, DLP, URL Filtering, and PCI environments, in addition to maintaining the Citrix VPN and application delivery system. The Security Engineer II will also be responsible for performing alert analysis, incident response, DFIR, and penetration results remediation on external and internal systems, including application penetration tests.
- Administer organization firewall, IPS/IDS and Citrix Netscaler
- Monitor, investigate, analyze, report out and respond to incidents identified through system logs and security appliances, assign response to junior engineers, as needed
- Monitor and manage URL Filtering, email spam and content, anti-virus and malware
- Review, maintain and analyze the organization’s Security Network Architecture to protect against security flaws
- Conduct risk assessments, vulnerability testing and internal audits against company security policies and regulatory requirements
- Conduct investigation, analysis and evaluation of projects to determine security risk and feasibility as required
- Manage and monitor SIEM environment for alarms and anomalies
- Deliver company Security Awareness training and Security Vulnerability Management program
- Recommend process improvement to ensure a secure environment
- Provide regular status updates to leadership on ongoing projects, maintenance and systems support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience required
- 7 years relevant IT experience required; 2 to 3 years of which in enterprise firewall administration and 2+ years in security engineering using enterprise Threat Management products, such as Checkpoint, Cisco, and Citrix Netscaler required
- SIEM experience highly desirable
- Preferred industry certifications include: SANS, CISSP, CISA, CCSA, and PCI-DSS
- Hands-on Cloud security design and implementation (Azure/AWS) required
- PCI-DSS environment experience highly desirable
- EDR, Enterprise Firewall, IPS, Log Management, and Bluecoat, experience also desirable
- Design and implementation of security controls including experience in applying security framework methodologies; to include NIST, Cloud (CSA), wired, and wireless security principles required
- Hands-on experience with tools like PAM, MFA, SIEM, Nessus, Wireshark, and Nmap required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and communicate industry trends, stay abreast of current vulnerabilities and security concerns, and understand their impact on the organization
- Ability to troubleshoot security/network/system related issues and manage security components in a production environment is critical
- Strong understanding of attack vectors, common intrusion techniques, threat intelligence, application/host/network security hardening, micro-segmentation, networking protocols, and enterprise risk management concepts, Mitre principles
- Direct experience with EDR software, IPS/IDS, FIM, VPN, firewalls and content filtering
- Knowledge of enterprise risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Expert knowledge of enterprise Firewall management and deployment
- Broad and thorough knowledge of enterprise security systems and devices
- Proven application delivery for advanced traffic management experience
- Ability to deploy and manage complex Cloud infrastructures (Azure/AWS)
- URL Filtering and troubleshooting experience is a must
- Ability to troubleshoot network/system related issues and effectively manage components in a production environment is critical.
- Ability to learn new systems, devices, and methodologies quickly
- Able to work independently and with a team of peers and other departments
- Knowledgeable in penetration testing and vulnerability assessments and remediation
- Ability to remain organized and to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including team members, and other internal departments.
- Able to make accurate work estimates and deliver project within scheduled and budget constraints
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and TCP/IP is required
- Proficiency in network traffic analysis and packet analysis is desirable
- Willing to work more than 40 hours and some weekends
- Willing to do On-Call rotation for after hours and weekend support
Firewalls, SIEM, Proxy, VPN, Application Delivery, IPS, Wireless, Windows, Linux and a variety of security tools including the common open source projects and commercial tools.
- Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
- Will require being on call for afterhours and weekend support
Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.