The Information Security Architect will be an integral member of the IT Information Security and Risk Management team and will be acting as a Lead and Mentor in collaboration with other teams (Security, Compliance, Security Operations, etc.). The role will be responsible for driving practices at Agilent, supporting the expansion of multi-cloud adoption in addition to on-premise technologies and the maturing of Agilent’s zero trust approach. This will involve working with other functions and teams to ensure projects encouraged expected security controls, reference architectures and security by design principals.
- Provides security mentorship and requirements to various technology teams on methods into every aspect of systems delivery.
- Works closely with multi-functional teams as a domain expert for security standards and architectures.
- Act as security lead in the Center of Excellent (COE). Cloud experience is a huge plus.
- Evaluate and resolve fit of new and emerging security technologies and solutions as they apply to Agilent. Improvement process skills in cyber security field is a huge plus.
- Work closely with enterprise architects to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, craft credible security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative security solutions.
- Participate in design review of implementations of services (cloud, including analysis of threats and risks and alignment with the company’s security, Engineering, IT and Architecture standards).
- Partner, mentor, and act as the product owner and/or SME to lead IT, development and business teams from planning through deployment & execution of security-related technologies.
- Stay apprised of current and proposed security changes impacting compliance with regulatory and security industry standard methodology.
- Assist in maintaining strong oversight with cloud computing vendors and solution providers to safeguard against undue risk presented by external entities.
Option to Work Remote
- 8+ years of experience crafting and delivering enterprise technology solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud computing technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- 3+ years of Security Engineering or Operations.
- Strong social skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal). Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills. Strong eye for business and a dedication to integrity, process improvement and customer happiness.
- Experience supporting a DevSecOps environment, and familiarity with source code control and CI/CD pipelines and related systems.
- Knowledge of healthcare and/or medical device industry and industry related technology.
- Fundamental working knowledge of industry-standard enterprise architecture models and similar security frameworks.
- CISSP, CCSP, CISM or other security methodology certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience