We are looking for IT Security Analyst for our client in Portland, OR
Job Title: IT Security Analyst
Job Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The resource will function as an IT Security Analyst utilizing security tools and systems to monitor, evaluate, and respond to securityevents.
The resource that is required and defined by this Statements of Work is for:
IT Security Analyst:
- The Security Analyst will report to the Director of Security and work within the cybersecurity sub-team to perform operational activities including event monitoring, evaluation, and response to securityevents. Respond to real-time security incidents and support activities for response, containment, and eventforensics. Provide input on security applications and aid in maintaining security assets across the company. Activities include, but are not limited to
- Perform duties as assigned by the Director of Security.
- Examine incoming event streams for anomalies, and evaluate until a root cause can be determined. Refine and tune the existing automated alerts to improve performance
- Respond to alarms and other indications of cybersecurity incidents. Determine whether malicious activity has occurred, then evaluate, contain, eradicate, and report.
- Process 3rd party (including government) alerts regarding new patterns of malicious activity, examine current and historical data for pattern matches.
- Support compliance requirements including CIPS, including the documentation of monitoring and review activities related to CIPS assets.
- Provide timely and accurate cross-platform support in response to securitythreats that may arise that poses a risk systems across the company?s computing enterprise.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent work experience. (Typically four years of additional related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a Bachelor?s degree. A minimum of two years additional directly related technical experience is required.)
- Three years of experience in Security Information Management and Intrusion Detection systems with associated incident response experience.
- Knowledge of security principles is desired through achievement and active pursuit of advanced security certification including CISM or CISSP.
- Exposure to programming and scriptinglanguages such as PERL, Python, and Powershell, as well as open source security tools such as SNARE, SNORT, etc.
- Ability to construct and execute complex database queries using SQL.
- Technical knowledge of complex operating systems, database, network software, and disaster recovery practices.
- Knowledge of information technology terms, equipment, systems, functions, and
- major vendors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and customer relationship skills.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.