We are looking for a Security Analyst III, who enjoys information security and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the information systems and security fields.
- Develops and manages information security for IT functional areas
- Assists in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures and controls (e.g., user log-on and authentication rules, security breach escalation procedures, securityauditing procedures and use of firewalls and encryption routines).
- Prepares status reports on security matters to develop securityrisk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of software viruses.
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, and maintains and documents security controls.
- Involved in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance security while also improving end user productivity and effectiveness.
- Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues.
- Educates IT and the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems.
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing security expertise and assistance in IT projects. Must have extensive knowledge in networking, databases, systems and web operations.
- Based upon skills and experience, this position ranges from security administration to developing enterprise security strategies, management of security projects and the most complicated security issues.
- Identifies the strategies necessary to maintain and improve security and monitoring controls.
- Works with Security vendors to design and implement new IT Security tools
- Develop detailed security diagrams and documentation
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience); MSdegreepreferred
- 10 years of experience in Information Technology field
- 5 or more years of experience in Information Systems Security
- CISSP, CEH or, CISA certification preferred
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in one or more of the following information security areas:
- Technical writing
- Information securityarchitecture
- Identity and access management systems
- Threat and vulnerability management systems
- Incident response
- Thorough understanding of current security principles and concepts
- Thorough understanding of system and network protocols and their relationship to the securityinfrastructure
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Participate in 24 X 7 on call rotation
- Position is based in Dallas, TX; no relocation assistance available.
Requisition ID 2018-6575