We are looking for IT security analystfor our client in Columbia, SC
Job Title: IT security analyst
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Client is responsible for the Security and Compliance of their Information Systems and Data. Client seeks an entry-level IT Security Analyst to assist with the establishment, implementation and/or enhancement of IT Systems?Security.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Security Analyst will report to the Office of Information Assurance and operate as a first responder in triaging securityevents and performing securityinvestigations inside the client?s SOC.
Understanding of, and a strong desire to work with any or all of the following technologies would be considered desirable for this position:
- Windows and Mac End-User Operating Systems
- Linux and Windows servers
- Switching and Routing
- Network Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Switching and Routing Infrastructure
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Information Systems? Security Experience:
- Experience working in a SOC environment is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in the secure implementation, operation and on-going maintenance of computer systems, software, hardware and networks is preferred.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and the functioning of its component protocols, ability to read, and analyze, using various toolsets such as tcpdump, wireshark, etc; how they work and what information they produce will be benificial in this role.
- Understanding of basic defense-in-depth principles such as and secure system configuration, network segmentation and malicious code protection is a plus.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the day-to-day duties of SOC monitoring activities, tools and processes
- Provide hands-on support of OIA systems and software.
- Conduct hunts (specialized searches) for evidence of compromise.
- Monitor securitytechnologies for alerts
- Investigating breaches, gathering evidence, and analyzing data.
- Utilize System Center Service Manager (Agency ticket.ing system), Microsoft Office software suite, RSA Archer, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered during the performance of daily job funtions.
- Support the SOC Architect in the completion of OIA efforts such as System Administration, Security Operations, Incident Response, Audits and/or Assessments of agency and business partner systems, etc?
- Collaborate with OIA Staff and other agency staff, leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to supportsecurity and compliance risk mitigation efforts.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Must have hands-on experience or educational background in IT System Security or System Administration
- Understanding of incident response procedures and practices
- Must be willing to learn and take on new tasks
- Willingness to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to effectively report on the status of assigned work
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
- Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to include working withtemplates and style guidelines for branding consistency.
- Keen attention to detail and willingness to see and understand the big picture.
- Ability to absorb, retain and communicate processes.
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism and remain flexible in dealing with leadership and teams of varying technical and business knowledge
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Prior Health Information Technologyexperience.
- Familiarity with security regulatory requirements and standards (such as NIST 800 series, MARS-E)
- AA degree in computer science or similar discipline.
- A+, Network+, Security+ or other certifications will be considered a plus.