IT SAP Operations Manager
Omron Management Center of America, Inc. ("OMCA") is looking for an energetic and focused IT SAP Operations Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL. The purpose of this role is to provide global cross-company process & application IT leadership for the Source to Pay (S2P), HRMS (SuccessFactors) and Expense Payment and Reporting (Concur). This position is tasked with maintaining and supporting the SAP global templates, design and processes. The SAP Operations Manager will have direct line responsibility for the IT functional resources, both external and internal. This position requires the ability to lead, design, and be hands on with configuration where needed. They will have the technical background to understand our solutions and communicate status, issues, mitigate risks, and manage the functional area across all stakeholders to deliver successfully.
- Lead team through daily task assignments for production support and continuous improvement projects, ensuring compliance with appropriate project methodology
- Provide an IT center of expertise for Ariba, SuccessFactors and Concur solutions, maintaining global standards, processes and driving common solutions across the enterprise
- Identify opportunities to establish joint IT & functional programs that develop and/or deploy new global capabilities
- Govern the scope of the existing Ariba, SuccessFactors and Concur portfolios of IT applications throughout the system application lifecycle
- Responsible for building and maintaining a high performing team, providing engagement & line management responsibilities, information and functional/technical experts
- Create project and release plans, monitor project costs and schedule to ensure timely completion and implementation of projects within approved time and budget
- Understand business objectives, research, and provide guidance, options and proof of concepts (if appropriate) to solve business technology needs
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies/capabilities with the SAP Ariba, SuccessFactors and Concur applications suites
- Evaluate product releases and identify new capabilities benefiting our organization, as well as a strategy for implementing those capabilities
- Track and drive adoption of platform technologies and shared best practices across the organization
- Represent Omron in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner.
- Represents the Omron Guiding Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, distributors, and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- 10+ years' experience in an SAP Ariba, SuccessFactors and/or Concur environment demonstrating highly competent abilities in standard software development life cycle management and project management techniques and methodologies
- Strong leadership skills and experience with leading projects with both on-site and remote resources
- Experience with system management processes, business requirements, solution design and configuration, and user acceptance testing
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong active listening skills and the ability to translate needs, concerns and solutions across functional and stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated creativity balanced with practicality to meet business objectives and team needs
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA is a plus
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
Omron Management Center of America, Inc. (OMCA), headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, is the holding company for Omron's operations in the Americas. OMCA supports Omron's businesses in the Americas - encompassing Canada, United States, Mexico, Brazil, and the rest of Latin America, helping to maximize their results, particularly with regard to advancing Omron's long-term management strategy. In particular, OMCA provides support for the region by providing legal, financial, tax, and human resources services.
Omron's corporate core value of "working for the benefit of society" applies to our unique technical competencies in the areas of industrial automation, safety, security, environmental protection and healthcare in pursuit of a brighter future for all. As a corporate citizen that has long recognized and encouraged the importance of giving back to local communities and helping those less fortunate, Omron has demonstrated this over the years by designing a manufacturing facility which employs the disabled, making donations to aide those impacted by natural disasters, and sponsoring an annual Omron Day in which employees volunteer in the local communities across the globe.
Our Commitment to Employees:
- Company Culture defined as a fast paced, multi-tasking, team focused, empowerment of employees, creative, innovative and open communication type organization.
- Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career at Omron.
- Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
- Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
- Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
- Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions, On Site Flu Shots and Health Screenings.
Omron Management Center of America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.