IT Resource Scheduler
??We are looking for IT Resource Scheduler for our client in Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: IT Resource Scheduler
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting Resource Managers and Project Managers in scheduling resources (people) to projects.
- This will include applying Resource Manager prioritization guidelines to resolve conflicting resource demands.
- This position will work closely with IT portfolio managers.
- This individual must have a solid understanding of software-based project and resource scheduling, and associated analytical and creative problem-solving skills. This individual must be proficient with Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Schedule resources to tasks on projects in Microsoft Enterprise Project Server
- Consult with Resource Managers to resolve resource need conflicts according to business priority
- Work with the Project Managers to determine impact of various scheduling choices
- Determine Critical Path vs non-Critical Path resource demands
- Work with the IT portfolio managers to ensure resource scheduling methods support the IT portfolioscheduling
- Identify and recommend improved methods
- Ability to run and manipulate various reports in Excel & Project Server
- 1 to 3years managing, or 3years coordinating projects using Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of software technologies
- Knowledge of databases
- Experience in resource planning / scheduling
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and helping technical teams in quickly resolving issues in an efficient manner that minimizes downtime
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Must have a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, and highly-focused
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and to manage multiple priorities
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools, version control, testing and QA, and deployment)
- Working in a Health Care HMO Organization in a similar capacity
- Skilled in performing SQL queries and analysis using MS Excel
- Good facilitation skills