Under direct supervision, the Quality Control Analyst verifies that software changes submitted by developers function as documented and without errors, documents issues found during testing and follows issues through to resolution. The analyst also participates in troubleshooting customer-reported issues.
Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed and/or sensitive information. The candidate may deal with both internal and external contacts.
- Execute manual functional testing based on analysis and understanding of the requirements and deployment environment
- Understand and evaluate requirement (solution comments, design specifications, and other documentation) and create test cases to exercise product functionality
- Document and communicate issues found during the course of testing and work with Development to resolve the issue
- Assist Support experts in troubleshooting customer-reported issues
- Ability to create and document test plans and test cases.
- Knowledge of manual and automated testing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Windows Operating system functionality; MS Office and productivity-related applications
- Knowledge of SQL would be beneficial
- Thorough knowledge of SIMON applications preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Internal applicants preferred