Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 176 days ago
IT Quality Assurance – Business Systems Analyst PURPOSE OF JOB: Evaluate Code, Configuration, Data and Business Logic for new projects, enhancements or Production break-fixes to determine their quality in terms of IT defects, reliability, performance and availability comparing against business requirements and technical design specifications.
JOB DUTIES: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of persons classified. Management reserves the right to add to or change the job as required.
Position Summary: As a Quality Assurance Analyst, Consultant you will lead QA processes for multiple projects. Define, analyze, and evaluate testing requirements to meet business needs. Analyze business requirements and functional specifications to determine scope of testing.
Review business requirements for completeness and make appropriate recommendations for changes or other solutions. Review test plans, test scenarios, test cases prepared by others for completeness.
Uses a variety of tools, including automated test tool, SQL queries, and quality process tools, for execution of test cases and documentation of results for acceptance testing of mainframe, PC-based, client server and/or web-based business applications. Document proposed practices and testing improvements. Mentor teams in proper methods. Provide input into the development of project plans and timetables. Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience preferred.
• 6-9 years of progressive Quality Assurance experience with 2 years of analytical experience preferred. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS
• Knowledge of the project life cycle.
• Job Requirements: The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Expert working knowledge of QA standards and processes.
• Experience using QA testing tools
• Experience working with offshore teams.
• Ability to lead multiple projects
• Ability to train and coach existing and new employees
• Ability to manage the use of automated testing tools