Selective is seeking a full time employee who will be responsible for functional testing, as well as, the development and maintenance of test automation of one or more of the Selective applications. In addition, support ALM administration and Quality Assurance dashboard and metrics with the guidance of the Quality Test Lead/Manager. Provide support over various applications and projects to ensure sound technical solutions and efficiency gains are met. Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom of defects. Documents and works to resolve all problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to management and recommends improvements. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for supporting of all QA activities for a specific Line of Business / function (PL, CL, Claims, etc.), including QA planning, build and execution activities
- Ensures QA defined process, procedures and best practices are being followed
- Supports automation development and maintenance, ALM, and reporting needs over multiple moderate to complex projects using tools such as Soap UI, Selenium, UFT, SQL and Cognos.
- Takes lead role in requirement gathering sessions to ensure that a comprehensive automation assessment and/or solution are conducted to ensure ROI can be achieved.
- Accurately estimates time, effort, and resources required for thorough testing.
- Adheres to internal automation/ALM/metrics standards and best practices.
- Leads automation testing activity over the span of a release and/or project, and reports ongoing progress.
- Partners with QA Manager and Vendor Partner Lead in audits and reviews to ensure onsite/offsite team members work/ documentation for accuracy and completion.
- Understands complex automated testing and programming concepts.
- Evaluates test measurements and escalates risks/ issues to management as needed.
- Performs the testing of complex, multi-platform, distributed applications and communicates system/application defects and errors and drives to resolution.
- Makes timely and effective recommendations based on testing results.
- Supports manual and automated testing
Experience and knowledge of Quality Assurance standards and best practices.
Technically adept with testing tools, test automation and/or programming, with a strong understanding of programming concepts and the SDLC.
Strong communication skills, time management, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
College degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or related field experience
Prior 3-5 years of application developer/tester experience is preferred
Prior experience with onsite/offshore sourcing relationships in area of testing is desired
Experience with agile and waterfall methodology
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace
Job ID 5694