Job Description Summary
- Build, mentor and manage a diversely skilled Quality Assurance team in multiple locations.
- Serve as a technical and methodological subject matter expert in all areas regarding quality analysis, testable designs, deployments, etc.
- Define, generate and refine quality related metrics
- Work with external vendors to augment staffing needs
- Manage external test services by identifying vendors, coordinating test procedures and schedules, facilitate test processes and issue management and ensure high quality output of external deliverables
- Drive automation/performance testing and reduce manual testing to exploratory testing
- Prepares project plans including scheduling, costs, resources, and other operational concerns.
- Analyzes management needs regarding information retrieval, data control and use of computing and data processing resource and processes.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and recommends/evaluates technologies.
- Directs and/or assists in the continuing review of present systems and methods, and the formulation of new and revised systems, examining techniques in use and determine appropriate changes to effect improvements, reduce costs and enhance efficiency.
- Plans, coordinates, and schedules investigations, feasibility studies and surveys, including the economic evaluations of proposed and existing systems.
- Assists in the development of cost and time estimates for capital budgeting plan and operational budget plan for the area.
- May conduct vendor negotiations and develop contract proposals.
- Manages employees directly, through subordinates and occasionally other managers.
- Establishes performance goals, allocates resources, assesses annual performance and recommends individual merit and promotional increases.
- Responsible for professional development and training of team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of people management with a proven record of accomplishment of building and growing large strong teams
- At least 10 years of experience shipping high-quality software products and services
- Experience in all types of software testing (Blackbox, White Box, System)
- Experience in performance/stress testing
- Experience in Agile, Iterative and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience in automation engineering and testing under Agile methodologies
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science / Engineering
- Great leadership skills to work effectively with the leadership team and peers within and across organizations
- Strong customer focus and passion for doing what’s right for the customer
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Great organizational skills and an eye for details
- Good understanding of software quality assurance processes is required
- Strong influencer for the test and quality during overall product development cycle
- Is data driven and sets clear, measurable quality goals for an organization
- Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
- Has experience and conviction around measures to quantify software quality
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Tempe
Job Posting: Dec 28, 2018, 12:15:52 AM