IT QA Analyst 3
5 - 7 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Responsible for the quality implementation of project deliverables, as defined in the business and technical specifications, on moderately complex projects to support Sammons Financial Group (SFG) member companies’ administration processes and systems across multiple business units. Work independently with minimal direction andwork closely with IT Developers, Business Analysts, and Business Users to ensure timely, accurate, fully tested applications are performing as described in the business and technical specifications. Lead test planning and execution activities at a project level in addition to individual workload accountabilities.
- Participate in business requirements review and definition of acceptance criteria. Document traceability of business requirements and technical specifications to test cases. Facilitate agreement on test plans or acceptance criteria with business partners and project team members.Collaborate with Project Team to define and oversee testing deliverables:
- Estimate test planning and execution efforts based upon requirements, development approach, and the risks and impact of production errors; assist other QAs in the estimation and planning, providing feedback as necessary.
- Define testing risks and mitigation strategies and implement accordingly.
- Ensure the integrity of the test environment(s).
- Facilitate Sprint Reviews or ensure production announcements are created and distributed.
- Design and develop automated scripts. Define and manage test data for automation.
- Execute testing, validate test results, analyze and report discrepancies, and collaborate with team on problem resolution efforts to identify if an immediate solution or sustained enhancement is required.
- Manage testing tasks at a project level against plan and pro-actively communicate status to project team and management; report on readiness for elevation to production.
- Provide proactive input into test strategy by recommending, developing, and implementing improvements to test cases for future project reuse.
- Ensure documentation for individual workload and projects are in alignment with the SFG SDLC guidelines and quality assurance standards are followed and maintained.
- Update existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and recognize with to recommend, develop, and implement new SOPs on moderately complex operational activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or information technology related major, preferred
- A minimum of four years of quality assurance experience related to the development and execution of test cases and analysis of testing results preferred
- Prefer experience with test automation tools
- Experience working in Agile teams preferred
- Strong mathematical aptitude