- Job ID: 18016605
IT Project Leaders requiring a specific technology background (vs. a Project Management experience and background which would belong in the Project Management function). The experience and future career path for this family would be in technology. Responsible for managing the technology portion of significant projects (e.g. strategic change management, new business and product initiative, process re-engineering, establishment of control procedures) within the technology area. Coordinates programs to be executed and monitor their successful delivery of benefits and manages the execution of business or sector level programs, in line with agreed methods and guidelines, to deliver program outputs.
• 5-8 years of experience overseeing medium size/moderately complex IT projects.
• Develops detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Interfaces with project staff and clients regarding status of projects.
• Identifies/implements process improvements.
• Conducts in-depth evaluation of business processes, system processes and industry standards.
• Provides sound understanding of IT project leadership concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas.
• Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define operating standards and processes.
• Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate within IT project leadership to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
• Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
• Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
• Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams.
• Exhibits sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information.