The IT Project Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Oversees all technology components of diverse, moderately complex IT projects, including project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost.
- Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Communicates with end-users to provide timely and accurate information and status updates.
- Has shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Contributes to formulation of strategies for IT project leadership and other functional areas.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IT project leadership collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the IT project leadership area through responsibility for delivery of end results and shared responsibility for budget management; accountable for resource planning.
- Ensures essential procedures are followed and contributes to defining standards.
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in a related technology role with commensurate people management experience
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree