Pernix Consulting, LLC is seeking a Project Manager to support our Federal government client. This is a unique and challenging opportunity in the Office of the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Diplomatic Security, US Department of State. CTO is the primary IT group within the Bureau of Diplomatic Security, providing many web applications and other services used by Federal and local law enforcement officers worldwide.
The Project Manager will lead a matrix of teams consisting of developers, analysts, and engineers, be responsible for the performance of work specified by the contracts, and act for Pernix on all matters relating to daily operations.
- Perform overall task management including planning, scheduling, staffing, work allocation, monitoring, and reporting
- Work directly with customer to understand their priorities, define goals and strategies for improvement, and resolve issues
- Lead and participate in system analysis and verification efforts covering requirements, design, code, integration, and documentation
- Analyze requirements, evaluate alternative solutions, assess development artifacts, and verify/test implementations
- Analyze project processes, issues, risks, and business performance metrics
- Manage tasks within a team
- Investigate complex technical issues related to specific client concerns
- Act as Agency liaison for the company
- Participate in Business Development efforts to grow existing programs and find new opportunities
- Perform HR related functions including tracking and approving time sheets, PTO, travel, required training, and maintain staffing
- Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning schedules, reviewing work discrepancies and communicating policies, purposes and goals of the organization to subordinates
- Will perform most work independently in a mid-level, managerial role, exercising much latitude to carry out tasking, prioritize workload and make recommendations on overall strategies
- Responsible for internal and external communications with all program and project stakeholders.
- Successfully meet reporting requirements with reports that are professionally written and structured in a manner that clearly communicates accomplishments and demonstrates value added
- Meets with stakeholders within DoS and the project team to ensure effective lines of communication are maintained and information or resource requirements are received in a timely manner to facilitate suitable progress
- Ensures requirements are developed and published correctly
- Generate and update all required documentation and templates utilized
- Conduct training and educational briefings to ensure all personnel are knowledgeable of and understand DoS procedures and policy
- Execute presentations with various department personnel
- Project Management Certificate (desired, not required)
- Secret Security Clearance
- At least 3 years specialized experience in IT to include system security, application development and system design, development and implementation
- Knowledge of all phases of IT systems structure and support
- Recent operational and managerial IT experience, and a range of subject matter expertise in one or more IT relevant areas
- In-depth understanding of state-of-the-art techniques and best practices in one or more IT fields
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of fact-finding, analysis, and resolution of complex problems, and the ability to develop concrete action plans to solve problems
- Outstanding communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Pernix Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.