Wencor Group is an industry leader in the engineering, repair, and distribution of aerospace components for business, commercial and military aviation. Wencor distributes aftermarket aircraft parts for more than 3,500 suppliers on six continents, maintains over 150,000 active parts, and serves as the exclusive or preferred distributor for multiple manufacturers in the aviation industry.
While the IT Project Management function is not new to Wencor, its charter and scope have recently been enhanced. The new charter calls for the group to manage the Capacity of IT and the Demand for IT exceptionally in part by leading a new IT governance process, as well as leading a multi-year program to simplify the Application Portfolio and re-platform to support tomorrow's Corporate Initiatives.
The Information and Technology Department has an opening for: IT Manager Project Management located at the company's headquarters in Peachtree City, Georgia.
This person will be a member of the IT Leadership Team reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer, manage a team of Project Managers to ensure the utmost success of Wencor's corporate IT initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Facilitates the definition of project missions, goals, tasks and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas and develop methods to monitor project or area progress
- Manages the "investment" Capacity of IT
- Ensures approved projects are planned considering all the necessary IT skills and competencies
- Gathers / manages resources for projects
- Directs projects to successful conclusions through disciplined project management
- Communicates project status, road blocks, and risks
- Provide general oversight to contractors, consultants, offshore, and crowdsourced resources supporting ongoing project efforts.
- Interviews prospective employees, conducts employee performance evaluations, and aids in career development.
- Establish internship program with local universities and colleges.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience utilizing a wide variety of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Experience with Infor-Lawson M3 and / or ERP implementations
- Experience with Salesforce and / or Salelsogix (Infor CRM)
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure providers (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of systems analysis, and design, including software development and documentation.
- Skills in the supervision, motivation and direction of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, in general and technical terms.
- Ability to plan and develop time and cost estimates for projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, at all levels within and outside the organization and to provide technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology
- Certification in project management
- Three to five years of Project Management work experience managing and implementing Customer-facing software projects with multi-function teams
- Track record of delivering successful projects
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the above.
- Works in an office environment.
- May sit for extended periods of time.
- Uses near-visual acuity.
- Uses keyboard devices and computer monitors.
- Uses substantial reasoning ability in performing analysis and solving problems.
- Exchanges information by phone, computer, in writing, and in person.