Matrix Systems is currently seeking an IT Project Manager with Transit Experience. If you are interested please contact us at (301) 875-7144. This position is located at our client site in Washington, DC.
? Oversee and direct project team. Responsibilities include overall project planning, governance and management.
? Development of procurement documents
? Facilitate, support, and liaison with vendors
? Lead the development of a project plan, including creating and regularly updating project schedules, staff task work plans, issues lists, risk lists, and other documents
? Manage project in accordance with the project team
? Receives guidance form Program Manager
? Provides overall project direction
? Direct/lead team members toward project objectives
? Handles problem resolution
? Conducts initial customer outreach
? Determines and special needs of the customer
? Perform day to day management of the project
? Identifies issues / risks and recommends possible issue and risk mitigation strategies associated with the project
? Provides solutions to improve efficiency
? Monitors issues and provides resolutions for up-to-date status reports
? Bachelor?s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline.
b. General Experience:
? At least five (5) years of experience in project management.
? Within the past ten (10) years, has at least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects. (Each project shall have a dollar threshold of $2.5 million or greater.
c. Specialized Experience:
? Must demonstrate a senior leadership role in at least three (3) successful projects that were delivered on time and within budget
? Demonstrated experience in role- based access control approach to systems access.
1. A Master?s Degree is preferred
2. A Project Management certification, such as PMI Certification as a PMP or equivalent
? General Experience: At least ten (10) years of experience in project management
? Specialized Experience:
1. At least ten (10) years of experience in managing IT related projects
2. Demonstrated leadership role in at least (3) successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget
3. Within the past ten (10) years, at least three (3) years of project management experience, preferably in the public transit information systems
4. At least two (2) years of experience drafting and managing RFP?s for information technology projects.