The IT Project Manager will develop and maintain core deliverables, including but not limited to status reports, project charters, schedules, and other key stakeholder presentations/communications (e.g., estimation, scoping, build, deployment, budget, staffing, vendor management). S/He will lead project execution for select cross functional initiatives including integrating business and IT work efforts, as well as integrating Tiffany & Co. associates and 3rd party service provider work efforts. Additionally, this position will develop & own project schedules/project plans, review project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, as appropriate while supporting the transition of strategic IT projects from inception to project realization, including assisting in the development of charters, training plans and providing technical guidance where applicable. S/He will work with internal/external audit and project teams on pre-implementation audits and conduct project hindsight reviews.
The IT Project Manager will execute effective Project Management control activities including: scope change control, issue resolution, risk management, status reporting, project budget management with focus on specific work entities of the project. S/He will ensure that realistic project quality and risk plans are prepared and maintained for projects and monitor the team’s performance against the plans. This role will perform periodic IT Operating Model Maintenance including identifying improvement opportunities, incorporating project hindsight lessons learned, and pre-implementation observations. Similarly, they will be responsible for reviewing developed materials submitted by the project team in accordance with an agreed upon acceptance procedures and the MSA/SOW while acting as a point of escalation to address projects with variances from scope, customer satisfaction issues and other issues including concerns across business functions. Additionally, this role will be responsible for effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate while tracking project issues, performance, and progress for reporting to leadership. As a Project Manager, s/he will coach/consultant on project methodology and train new hires.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Computer Science, or similar, with experience in the project team environment, as a project manager and/or relevant experience
- 7 to 10 years’ experience working as a business or IT analyst with 5+ years in project management
- Proven analyst skills spanning business functions and applications and knowledge of full lifecycle solution development, from requirements gathering through build, test, deploy, and support
- Experience in infrastructure and application technology domains are required, (networks, telephony, servers, storage, middleware, security, messaging, data bases, applications, security, etc.)
- Ability to build and maintain effective partnerships with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office including Visio, MS Project, SharePoint
- Strong organizational, leadership, problem solving and influencing skills
- Experience in Retail and/or Consumer Product Goods is a plus
- PMI and ITIL certifications is preferred.