- Act as a liaison between business and Information Systems staff in resolving IT-related problems.
- Participate in the conceptual development of a project and oversee its organization, scheduling, implementation and financial analysis in accordance with corporate or business unit procedures.
- Establish project objectives and milestones within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Work with team leads and/or functional department heads to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with project development and delivery into production on time and budget.
- Interpret and explain project plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, management and clients.
- Formulate management reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling against plan.
- Work closely with quality assurance, regulatory affairs, engineering standard committees, vendors or clients as appropriate.
- Chair various project review and pre-submittal meetings commensurate with experience.
- Represent the company in project meetings and take part in strategy meetings.
- Provide input to Contracts on technical aspects of contracts to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with customers/vendors.
- Extract information for analysis from different levels of the organization.
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures on simple, single thread projects.
- Ensure project products are effectively handed off to operations for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held as appropriate for project stage, duration and complexity.
- Arrange, manage and maintain relevant outsourcing relationships.
- Identify and recommend new business opportunities, new systems and processes, and improvements in operations to upper management.
- Analyze information requests and discuss with user to assemble all elements required to produce the requested information, including ROI to justify approval.
- Define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions based on observed and collected data.
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures for multi-thread, moderately complex projects.
- Investigate potentially serious situations, perform root cause analysis and implement corrective measures.
- Provide highly skilled process, technical and management advice and assistance to department management and personnel.
- Own project budget(s) with a fundamental understanding of corporate financial strategy and policy for capitalization, expense and depreciation of assets. Authorize requisition or payment for project supplies and materials.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree plus 10+ years relevant work experience or Master's Degree plus 8+ years relevant experience.
- PMP Certification or equivalent desired.
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management and 1 year process and/or analyst experience.
- Experience working in a regulated work environment, preferably FDA related, required.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in work environments outside of IT
- Experience with technical and administrative aspects of all phases of project management.
- Experience building teams.
- Experience in international project and/or program management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent meeting management skills (agenda, notes, timekeeping, engagement, info-sharing pre-meeting).
- Strong interviewing skills to surface information relevant to analysis. Includes strong listening skills to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, MS Project or similar applications, presentation software and various email systems.
- Demonstrated capability to independently managing a project or program with a project cost up to $5 million, duration of up to 2 years, and indirect staff up to 15 people.
- Excellent understanding of resource management to include development of recovery strategies for project work running, or projected to run, behind schedule.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 50%, domestic & international
Teleflex is a global provider of specialty medical devices used for a range of procedures in critical care and surgery. We serve hospitals and clinicians in more than 130 countries with well known, trusted brands in vascular access, general and regional anesthesia, urology, respiratory care, cardiac care, and surgery.
We also provide products and services for device manufacturers. Our products are designed to cost effectively provide clinical benefits and enable healthcare providers to improve outcomes and enhance patient and provider safety.