Responsible for building, providing direction and sustaining the IT program management office or function. Defines and develops IT project/program management best practices, processes, and policy to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and goals. The position partners with multi-departmental leadership, bothinternal to IT and external to the business, andother stakeholders to locate opportunities and develop and prioritize projects according to relevant measurement criteria.Responsible for the supervision of project/program managers to ensure that all projects within the IT programs are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and costrequirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring the IT Project Governance Policy is fully implemented and managed
- Continues to evolve the program to be consistent and appropriate with industry standards or current best practices
- Networks with infrastructure, development, applications engineering and business analyst functions to maintain programs and provide support to programs where appropriate
- Mentors and coaches others in the execution of best practice project management
- Develops all necessary mechanisms to ensure world class high efficiency execution of programs or projects for the corporation
- Influence business management on the value of consistent and repeatable program management
- The position will require matrixed management of resources across the enterprise
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
- Demonstrated success in operational improvement or project management full cycle implementation
- Experience defining enterprise program management procedures and enforcing, training and measuring effectiveness
- Experience managing external project or program resources
- Knowledge of SQL, Oracle, TOAD and other relevant support applications
- Experienced in application support and development, including requirements gathering and analysis
- PMI Certification would be a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline and 10 years of related operational management, Information technology project management and best practice application system experience
- 5 - 10 years in IT where at least 3 years consisted of project management
- 4+ years experience in functional applications project deployment methodologies
- Extensive project management experience for multiple projects
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.