IT Project Manager Sr Stf
Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Oversees the status of projects and budgets; portfolio management as well as management of schedules and preparation of status reports and project metrics. Monitors the assessment of project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Insures the development of mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as a project leader and liaison between users, functional and IT team, and vendors to facilitate the creation and maintenance of project plan, dependencies, timelines, prioritization, risks, tracking budget versus actual and all delivery capabilities across the project life-cycle.
- Manage and control scope of assigned initiatives to deliver high-quality results in line with schedule, costs, and scope expectations, while achieving customer satisfaction with business partners, stakeholders and project team members.
- Effectively communicate activities and project status including milestones and dependencies to management and co-workers through core team and steering committee meetings as well as more informal meetings. Provide effective and timely updates in all communications.
- Works collaboratively with Operations teams, Provider Relations, IT, and other corporate functions to plan, develop, coordinate, and execute major projects for the company.
- Provide full transparency and escalate issues to manager when project milestones may be in jeopardy.
- Collaborate with clients to collect and define new/existing program implementation requirements to ensure seamless start-up of new programs for all company divisions from requirement gathering to UAT planning and Go Live activities.
- Work closely with PMG on creation and maintaining of clear/concise documentation including functional requirements, meeting minutes, meeting agendas, deployment plans, release checklists, etc to ensure proper documentation of each requirement, defect, test plan and overall sprint planning across the project.
- Continually evaluates risks, collect and analyze data and provide recommendations to management for necessary decision making.
- Actively communicate status and issues to managers, executives, end users, and customers.
- Establish strategies for deliverables for projects to include process changes, technology changes and customer impact.
- Identify and develop solutions for process improvement.
- Prioritization of post-production tasks including features, defects, architectural and LOB specific functionality.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Solid project management skills for technical, schedule, cost, and risk management.
- Ability to quickly foster relationships and credibility at all levels.
- Extensive earned value management skills including baseline, variance, projected and staffing disciplines.
- Excellent analytical, data analysis, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of enterprise applications like BPM and BRE (e.g. Pega) preferred
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and with various levels of management. Proficient with MS Project to manage project milestones, resources, and baselines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio.
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
- Agile development experience and Scrum certification is a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better.
14-20 years:Professional Level Experience as an IT Business Systems Analyst/IT Project Management
Licenses & Certifications
Project Management Prof
Certified Scrum Master