Bio-Rad is looking for a Technical Project Manager.
- Initiates projects following appropriate project management methodology including gathering and defining comprehensive project requirements, ensuring strategic alignment, developing project charters, project plans, budgets and schedules, determining resource requirements and forming cross-functional project teams.
- Works with business partners and Senior IT management to obtain required resources.
- Defines and follows project management methods, procedures, and quality objectives, including metrics for assessing progress.
- Makes effective presentations to impacted business partners and IT departments for new project initiatives.
- Balances workload, provides technical and analytical guidance and work direction to project team, including scheduling, assignment of work, review of project efforts and removal of roadblocks which inhibit project success.
- Identifies areas of risk, monitors them throughout the project, and reports to client groups.
- Assesses variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules, develops and implements changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, cost, and quality objectives, and keeps management aware of the situation.
- Tailors project communications formats and techniques to their audience.
- Evaluates and ensures sponsor/client satisfaction at project completion.
- Drafts contracts and Service Level Agreements as defined by BioRad’s SMO Office
- Manages RFIs/RFPs for evaluation, selection and procurement of products and/or services from vendors.
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients.
- Mentors other Project Managers on project management best practices and tools
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- PMP certifications are highly desired but not required.
- 8+ years prior Sr. Project Manager experience.
- Experience with cloud implementations and global network projects is highly desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work through ambiguous situation and solutions.
- Proven cross-functional team leadership.
- Global Project Management (ability to manage & influence projects globally).
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Financial Management (budget vs actual reporting / ROI calculations).
- Ability to motivate and influence team members.
Requisition ID 2018-5939