• The core requirements for this position will be to perform the business analyst function specifically targeted at designing and implementing new BI Reporting implementations for ERM (Enterprise Risk Management).
• Working with cross-functional teams, you will participate in gathering reporting requirements, and coordinate with Business and Risk Analysts to document and catalog all necessary requirements and artifacts.
• Using your skills and experience as a Business Analyst, you will then use those requirements to implement SDLC implementation for reports and dashboards that utilize our underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s) with firm-wide approved BI technologies.
• Gather requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements, workshops, business process descriptions, use business case scenarios, business analysis, task and work flow analysis.
• Create requirement (both functional and non-functional) specifications at the level necessary to develop new or extend existing Business Intelligence reporting.
• User & Design flows, experiences, and wire frames with product specifications that can be prototyped and refined in collaboration with various ERM teams.
• Serve as the conduit between the internal customers, and the software development team, through which requirements flow
• Coordinate and participate in quality assurance and user acceptance testing which includes test case generation and defect management.
• This is a small highly motivated team so the candidate must demonstrate a strong ability to tactically address and be an advocate for business analysis best practices with regards to reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent plus 5 + years related work experience in Business Analysis focused on Business Intelligence for Reporting and Data Visualization
• Certified Scrum Master
• Knowledge of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process is preferred
• Excellent communication, written and presentation skills required
• Experience working with both waterfall and agile methodologies
• Exposure to virtual team collaboration including both on-shore and off-shore teams
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills required
• Ability to write SQL queries is preferred
• Strong knowledge and understanding of databases and application development concepts
• Proficient in MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, SharePoint and Windows‐based applications
• A team player that has coordinated end user and development team interactions
• Insurance company background is preferred
• Good knowledge of risk management desired